Wifi issues with Droid Maxx
CROSSEYED1960

Should my wifi say connected or saved secured to have internet access at home without using data??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi issues with Droid Maxx
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should say "Connected" - "Saved, secured" means it's a secured network (with password access) that you have access before, and the info is stored in your phone.  The phone should see it when you are within range and connect if wifi is enabled.

Connected means you are using the wifi connection.  The symbols in your notification bar should tell you which network (wifi or cellular) is active - active will be highlighted, or have arrows flashing as data is exchanged.  Inactive will be grayed out or lit up(as available) but the arrows do not flash.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CROSSEYED1960,

Being able to connect to your WiFi is a must these days. Just to clarify, are you having issues connecting to your WiFi? Are you getting any errors? Is the device not staying connected?

This link will show you how to connect to WiFi's:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-84844/

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should say "Connected" - "Saved, secured" means it's a secured network (with password access) that you have access before, and the info is stored in your phone.  The phone should see it when you are within range and connect if wifi is enabled.

Connected means you are using the wifi connection.  The symbols in your notification bar should tell you which network (wifi or cellular) is active - active will be highlighted, or have arrows flashing as data is exchanged.  Inactive will be grayed out or lit up(as available) but the arrows do not flash.

0 Likes
CROSSEYED1960

There is no internet connection when it says "connected" We only have an internet connection when it says saved/secured.This is very puzzling and very troubling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crosseyed1960, I definitely would want to know when I'm connected to Wi-Fi at home. Nobody wants to use up all of their data. If your Wi-Fi settings say that the phone is connected then you should be able to use the internet and apps without a problem. When you are looking at the name of your Wi-Fi do you see an alert asking you to verify the Wi-Fi password? Are other devices connecting to the Wi-Fi just fine?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes