Wifi issues
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have recently noticed that my wifi connection keeps dropping from my Razr M phone.  All other devices in my home stay connected.  It will sometimes reconnect if I turn off the phone & turn it back on, but when I just tried this, it didn't work.  I have noticed a lot of other people having this same problem.  Is there a fix available?  This has never been an issue until just recently.  Is this due to an update?  I hope Verizon will offer a fix of some sort since so many others are having problems.  Thanks for any info!  Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

idgyedgy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your wifi connection. We would want you to remove your wifi connection http://vz.to/1f1len3 and power the phone off. Turn back on and readd the connection. I hope this resolves all of your issues.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply.  I have tried doing what you suggested several times, but my wifi connection still continues to drop.  Any further suggestions?

Also, at times it tells me that it is avoiding a poor connection, but then shows my signal strength as excellent.  It seems to get stuck on "authenticating" for some reason. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for trying that! Have you tried to connect to another WiFi connection? If not, please try that first to see if that works. 

Can other devices connect to it?

Share additional details so that I can help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't often have the option of connecting to other networks, but when I do, I'm not on it long enough to notice if it's dropping the connection or not.  I have no problems connecting my laptop, kindle fire or ipod touch to my home wifi & they all stay connected.  My phone is the only thing that continues to drop this connection.  I have had to "forget" that connection, restart my phone & reconnect several times a day for a couple weeks now.  Was there an update that caused this?  What are my options?  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details idgyedgy!

What is the current software version of your Droid RAZR M? Does placing your phone into Safe Mode improve your experience at all? http://vz.to/LZzdS9

Keep us posted! We definitely want to make sure we can get everything resolved for you.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it the Android version you're asking about?  If so, it is 4.1.2

I got through the entire day yesterday without it dropping the wifi connection.  YAY!  Smiley Happy

But today it has dropped it more than 3 times.  BOO! 

I have not tried Safe Mode yet...what will this do?  When it's in Safe Mode, I can't use my apps, etc...so what's the point of it?

Thanks for your help so far! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did just try booting up in safe mode & it seemed to connect to wifi right away.  When I rebooted out of safe mode, it got stuck on "authenticating" and wouldn't connect to wifi at all.  What does this mean?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You need to input the correct password to connect to the wifi network.

0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, but the password isn't the problem.  It connects to my home wifi, then drops the connection.  Smiley Happy

I have it off of safe mode this morning & it connected fine...we'll see how long it stays connected. 

0 Likes