Re: Wifi strength/performance on Razr M significantly reduced once updated to KitKat/4.4.2
tonymorris10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turning airplane mode on and off allowed my phone to automagically connect to wifi as well.  Let's see how long it will last until it drops.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi strength/performance on Razr M significantly reduced once updated  to KitKat/4.4.2
ahp103
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turning airplane mode on/off, unchecking the "avoid poor connections" option, and clearing app data all had no impact on the weak signal issue across all previously-used wireless networks (work, home, etc) since implementing the KitKat update...Battery performance has also worsened, but that's a tradeoff I'd be willing to make for a solid Wifi connection.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi strength/performance on Razr M significantly reduced once updated  to KitKat/4.4.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ahp103, let's get to the bottom of this together! We will double check the wifi output setting. Click the menu button, click settings, select wifi frequency band, choose 5GHz only option. Keep us posted if there is a change.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ahp103
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Wilton -- no change though after toggling toggling between 5GHz and Auto frequency settings (work network is 5GHz).

0 Likes
Re: Wifi strength/performance on Razr M significantly reduced once updated to KitKat/4.4.2
tonymorris10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wilton,

Any updates on this issue?  I am sitting 15 feet away from an access point @ work and my Razr M can't connect.  i had the same issue with my home network last night.

I turn airplane mode on, then back off and I can connect for 5-20 minutes, then the signal drops and I have to repeat the process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that you continue to experience WiFi connectivity issues tonymorris10! I had similar connectivity issues after latest software also and I resolved with a factory reset. Give it a try http://vz.to/159Lipc please make sure to UNCHECK Automatic Restore at step 3.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
bubbasmommy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It didn't work for me, either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to learn that a factory reset did not work for you bubbasmommy! Did you uncheck box at step 3 at this http://vz.to/1gBwFr1 link? It is critical to uncheck Automatic Restore.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
bubbasmommy
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are so many things wrong with my phone since this update.  Battery life is horrible- I have to charge it twice per day.  I've never had to do this, but started doing it the day after the update.  My phone gets incredibly hot when I am playing words with friends, the screen flickers on words with friends until I exit the app and come back in, the ringer button on the locked screen is gone (how is this an improvement?), my camera has a 10 second delay now, texting is no longer attractive, as they text boxes are all the same color.  I now hate my phone.

And now I have to spend all of this time complaining and fixing my phone.

0 Likes
ahp103
Enthusiast - Level 2

Against my better judgment, I went ahead and performed two factory resets with automatic restore unselected and have found no change or improvement in the Wifi signal strength issue discussed above. Complete waste of time. Who'd have thought the KitKat update we'd been waiting for would be so destructive? 

Verizon: the standard playbook for customer support isn't working. We need to know that this issue is being worked on and will be addressed shortly.