Re: Wifi strength/performance on Razr M significantly reduced once updated to KitKat/4.4.2
gpjfh84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh by the way they are aware of the problems but continue to put it out.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi strength/performance on Razr M significantly reduced once updated to KitKat/4.4.2
MiltNK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since updating to KitKat, cell phone reception and Wi-Fi reception are both terrible, and battery life is decreased. The local Verizon Wireless store tech support said there is no way to remove KitKat. I loved my Droid Razr M before the update. I hate it now.

In addition, the home screen letters are smaller and much harder to read. The battery level indicator does not show on the home screen. The notification for text messages no longer opens the message. The original messaging app did not receive complete messages from certain senders, so I had to install Verizon Messages. I can no longer delete more than one conversation or message at a time. They must be deleted individually -- a waste of my time.

Someone should have tested this upgrade before releasing it. At the very least, we should be provided with instructions to uninstall it.

mossmaniac99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had my Razr M replaced by Verizon because of poor wifi reception, which only started after the kitkat update.  When I received my new phone, it came with the Jellybean (4.1.2) installed and the wifi reception was great!  I had a good connection (67 Mbps) and applications requiring network connection were fast.  Within an hour I was getting notified that the KitKat update was ready to install so I let it update.  Once that was completed, my wifi reception was back to the same poor speed as before (12 Mbps).  My phone was in the same spot in my house but yet, drastically different link speeds.  I know this is not a 'Verizon' issue and more of a Motorola issue, but do I have to just deal with this until November when my contract is up?  Please advise.

joslinr
Enthusiast - Level 1

A week ago I started having issues with my Droid Razr M; Amazon quits working, screen icons changing, etc. I installed Microsoft's OneDrive and my SD card became unreadable (had to reformat on my home PC). So I did a factory reset and reinstalled apps with the 4.4.2 Android OS update.

Now I cannot use both wireless and bluetooth (sees my home wireless but won't connect). Battery life is getting bad (down to 85% in 2 hours of it being on but not used) when I could go all day before and not get below 50%. This is not a user issue; this is caused by the OS update pushed by Google in the Android update. I've done soft and hard resets and ran the phone with no additional apps installed and it still performs the same.

Solutions?

0 Likes
joslinr
Enthusiast - Level 1

BTW:  one work-around I found (I use my phone for business so it is ESSENTIAL to making a living) is to turn off bluetooth, connect to wi-fi, then turn on bluetooth.Unfortunately I have a 150MBs wireless router and my connection is at 24MBs.

redneck65674
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm experiencing the same behavior with my Razr M.  I can connect to my home WiFi IF I turn off Bluetooth.  Once I turn Bluetooth on, it drops the WiFi.  I have tried EVERY SINGLE ONE of the recommendations for user correction of the problem.  No, I'm not going to reset my phone AGAIN.  (Bluetooth HAS to stay on, period)

This is a Kit Kat problem, when is Motorola going to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Wifi strength/performance on Razr M significantly reduced once updated  to KitKat/4.4.2
redneck65674
Enthusiast - Level 3

FOLLOW-UP!  Earlier this week (9/09/14), Motorola and/or Verizon pushed up a new update for my Razr M.  Most (if not ALL) of the issues that I've experienced since the Kit Kat update have been resolved (specifically, WiFi connects normally even with Bluetooth on, battery life is back to normal).

Thanks to Moto/Verizon for finally fixing this!

0 Likes
gumbi47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your router may support up to 150mbs download but it will only be as fast as the internet speed provided by your service provider. Time Warner's turbo is 25mbs, extreme is 30mbs and wideband is 50mbs. Unless you are paying for those speeds through your service provider then 24mbs sounds good.

0 Likes
BillW
Enthusiast - Level 3

Post says WiFi and network problems fixed with September push of 4.4.2   My experience just the opposite, seems like every "upgrade" has degraded function of RAZR M, but the September 9 push has caused major problems on both RAZR M's that my wife and I own.   Battery life much shorter, phone runs hot at times, phone resets randomly, text messages sometimes take forever to receive, WiFi and data downloads extremely slow.   Verizon is there a fix for this available or planned?    How do I talk to a rep about the problem?   Chat just offers me useless, how to use your phone links.