Will there be a patch to fix the horrible update that is Lollipop?
RoobixKube

Ever since the update, my phone has not been the same. I wish I had never upgraded. Here are a few of the problems I'm having:

1) The battery life is not what it used to be. I can charge my phone all night and by the time I get to work in the morning, it's at 85%! And if I decide to use it, it drops even faster.

2) The phone becomes possessed a few times during the day. It will randomly shut down and restart without warning. It has even happened during a phone call. I was talking and all of a sudden I hear "DROIIIIIIIIIID!"

I've been on several forums and the concensus it that the either the cache needs to be cleaned our or the phone has to be reset to factory setttings.  Well, I've done both to no avail.

And now I'm stuck with this thing for another 16 months. I miss my KitKat!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Will there be a patch to fix the horrible update that is Lollipop?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What does the battery usage view indicate as the majority of the battery drain? Can you please post screenshots of the battery usage?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RoobixKube

battery.JPG

As you can see, It doesn't show anything that's really draining the battery.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looking at that I don't see how you have a problem making it through the day. I would love to have an estimated 17 hours left on the battery.

The only thing I can think of is you are in a poor signal area since that it is highest battery usage item.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RoobixKube

I can't explain it.  Since I sent the screenshot, it's dropped another 10% and I haven't done anything.

0 Likes
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. Is your phone warm or hot? Looking at mine I'm at 78% with it saying I have 11 hrs left. One thing I am struggling with causing very poor battery life is my mediaserver sucking up all my battery life. I think I have narrowed it down to the cache that an app called slacker is creating. After clearing that cache and rebooting I don't have a problem.

There are apps out there that monitor your cpu/mem/battery usage. I use one called CPU Monitor Advanced Lite. This might help tracking down what process is using the battery.

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Your battery use screen is seriously messed up. This is after 18.5 hour Cell Standby.

You have some apps that are really draining your battery

2015-08-26 21.42.52.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know we can get to the bottom of this. have you done the most recent Droid Turbo software updates? Was this happening before the updates? Have you installed any new apps?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WalkerMN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you find a solution? I see this last post was several days ago.

I strongly suggest removing all but your core "must have" apps, if you can't think of anything else you recently added around the time the battery issues started, then add them back as you find you need them, but document which ones you add, and when, so you can safely ID the last few re-adds before the problem is noticed again, if ever. Also, I'd remove any new or maybe even all widgets and similarly track re-adding.... I ditched the default command center widget that came with it because at launch it was battery hog for me. (Never looked back. but maybe it's fine now)

Also, I don't mean this to sound like an accusation, because I'm trying to help... but.... my Droid Turbo actually doesn't "say" DROID the way you described, which is what the old Droids did when they booted - is yours actually a Turbo? If not, you might be missing more precise recommendations from someone with your phone.

I am not totally happy with Lollipop. I really miss my lock screen widgets and the process without them of using notifications on the lock screen that can have audio controls, for example, is more cumbersome. That said, mine is rock-solid and stable, with no new battery issues. so something else is at work in your case beyond just "lollipop."

0 Likes