B33
Legend

Pulling some good tunes from Winamp on my Maxx sounds good.! B33

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Winamp on Maxx
B33
Legend

I streamed 14 good hours on my Razr Maxx with my Wi-Fi an on Winamp without a Hitch or even wimpor of an issue. So i'd say the battery is doing what it should.  And i will put it thru some more various test to see how long the battery last but as for streaming i thought it did Excellent. Smiley Happy  B33

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I did a streaming of Winamp on both of my Droids my Droid X an Maxy to see how they would do an i'm happy to report that both did the Job Very Very Well. It's nice to see a phone that is 2 years old an looks Practically brand New an my Maxx that's little over a month old can do some Serious Music Jammin an not skip a beat! B33

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Someone must have stock in "WinAmp"  ..     kiddin' ...  it's a great APP - I've been using it for years and can also recommend it ... I also have used the PC version for like 8 years++ .  Side note: I also use iHeartRadio - and with the R-Maxx it doesn't skip a beat ...  must be the awesome network now. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Did another 20Hrs of non stop streaming with my Razr Maxx the other day it out performs my X by leaps an bounds but the old girl still looks pretty sharp Cody!!  Lol 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I Iove to play Music on my Phones from Winamp an other great Choices. But way back when i was Little this is what i Came home Listen to On the Tv.   I want to say Rest In Peace Mr Dick Clark you are Truly a Great Man.. 

Click on the Link to Here some Good Good ol Music for your Sole: Enjoy b33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYsej0ykSXI

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Cody Got Maxx hooked up to the Headsets & tuned on Winamp...and i'm Rocking to Some Awesome 80's Dj  Yea.!!

Winamp for android was Just updated with some new Cool stuff an it was updated as well on the Main Site i have listened to Winamp since getting my First Droid the Droid X an not looked back since to me it's one of the Best to listen to Music to

The update for Android is: 1.3.1   The Update for the web Version is 5.63.. Get it.!  then get Jamming on that Razr or Razr Maxx b33

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Here is how to Sync Up Winamp to your Favorite Android Device...

Category: Tutorials      Posted by Tarik, Nov 30th 2010 11:50AM

Winamp is now available for AndroidTM devices and offers a complete music management solution. One of the biggest advantages of using Winamp to manage music on your Android phone or device is that in addition to the standard USB sync, Winamp for Android supports wireless desktop sync. To take advantage of this feature, you'll need to install both the Winamp for Android and the latest Winamp Media Player for your PC.

Step 1::
On your Android device, download Winamp for Android.

Step 2:
When you initially launch the application you'll see a "Winamp Help" screen. Click on the "Wi-Fi Sync" button and following the onscreen instructions. If you don't see the Winamp Help screen, simply launch Winamp and from the Home screen press the Menu button (hard button), go to "Settings" and "Enable wireless sync".

Enable wireless sync on Winamp for Android

Step 3:
Make sure your PC and Android phone are on the same Wi-Fi network.

Step 4:
From your PC, download & install Winamp Standard (free) or Winamp Pro (premium). Version 5.6 or later is required. Please note that Wi-Fi sync with Winamp for Android will not work with "Winamp Lite". After launching Winamp you will be prompted to "Add Media to Library" or "Import from iTunes".

Step 5:
From the Media Library tab, select "Devices" in the navigation panel (left-hand side of screen).

Winamp Device Manager View

Step 6:

Your Android device should now be visible in the "Discovered" area of the "Devices" view. If not, click the "Discover" button. You'll also want to be sure that your device is not in sleep mode.

The "Discovered" view only indicates available devices. To sync with your device, you will first have to attach it.

Winamp Device Manager - Discoved & Attached Views

Step 7:

To attach a device, double click on your device icon (or single click on the attach overlay button). This will send a pairing notification to your device.

Send Pairing Notification

Step 8:

After clicking "Attach", a notification will be sent from the Winamp Media Player to your Android device asking you if you would like to allow Wi-Fi pairing. Click allow.

Accept wi-fi pairing request on your Android phone

Step 9:

Once you have selected "Allow", you should now see your device in the "Attached" area of the "Devices" view. Additionally, you will see your device name appear under the "Devices" node in navigation panel.

(Note: You only have to pair your phone once. After initial pairing, your device should automatically appear in the attached state. You may be prompted to pair again after upgrading to a newer version of Winamp for Android).

At this point your Wi-Fi set-up is complete and you are ready for wireless syncing.

Winamp Device Manager: Device in Attached State

Step 10:

Once your device is "Attached", mouse over the device icon and click on the "Sync" overlay button. Alternatively, you can manually drag and drop files in your "Audio" library to your device (pictured below).

Manually drag tracks from your media library to your device

You also have the option of setting up your Preferences by right-clicking on your device or by going to Options >> Preferences >> Portables >> [Device Name]. Learn more about sync preferences and settings.

Right-Click on Device to Surface Syncing Preferences

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I was starting to Loose faith in my winamp as there many times that when i would play it, It would only Last for a Short Time then Quite) But with two Updates that the Winamp team put out Hopefully it's back on Track to being were it was when i streamed it for 20 Hrs.  I will cross my Fingers lol b33  ( The latest updates are 1.4:  and 1.4:3

Music.... Some 70's Please   

0 Likes
B33
Legend

bzz..bzz..) Time for an Update Report Winamp pushed out the 5.6 full it went out not to long ago on the Web an App update should follow shortly but so far the App is playing Keenly ). Winamp and Slacker have been my two primary Music apps i listen too.. i'm a 70's nut and both provide the Great tunes through my Bluetooth speaker..

If any one on here needs assistance in Syncing Winamp look at Post No.7 as it points out the Task for syncing up as for Slacker on Android you can find it in your Apps drawer in Apps Tap on it Except the Terms set up an Account if needed and set back and listen to some good Tunes. Like i'm doing now.. b

0 Likes