Won't connect to old Netgear wifi
jimskime

I can connect to public Wifi, connect just fine on networks at home but at this one location where my laptop and tablet both work fine on the network I get "connection failure" What's up?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Won't connect to old Netgear wifi
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the security type on this wifi router you are having trouble with?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do you have the ability to set the phone to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz?  Some routers still operate on a single 2.4 channel and might not be set up to run dual channel.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP's phone wouldn't be getting a "connection failure" error if it wasn't already seeing the router on the 2.4 GHz wifi frequency.

If the phone was only attempting to connect to 5 GHz wifi, it wouldn't be able to see the 2.4 GHz at all. Also all the public wifi hotspots I have encountered have been operating on the 2.4 GHz wifi frequencies including the free Google Wifi at Starbucks that was changed from AT&T Wifi in the last couple of years.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jimskime

Right, I can see the network but I can't connect. My old Droid had no

problem connecting with this router, my Kindle has no trouble. This is very

strange

Jim

[removed]

"Making sense of a financial morass"

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes