Wow. JUst wow. I take back my kudos to VZW customer service
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

So after calling in about my Droid Razr not working after recieving the 4.1.2 update, and recieving a CLN replacement that had the same issues; VZW Tier 2 told me they would send me a Droid Razr HD as a replacement. I was happy with that. The Razr HD was slated to arrive on on 05/03/13.

SInce then:

The Razr HD did not arrive on 05/03/13 so I called in. I was told it was coming MOnday, 05/06/13 and that due to the fact that I was leaving to travel that night, VZW would have it shipped Saturday 05/04/13.

I looked at the tracking number on 05/04/13 and saw it was not coming until 05/06/13 despite VZW stating it would arrive on Saturday. I chalked it up to a FedEx issue and told my wife to grab the device when it came in Monday.

Monday I check the tracking number to see if I could get an ETA on when FedEx would deliver it. To my surprise it says "NO delivery. SHipping back to sender". I call VZW to see if they can have FedEx hold the package

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wow. JUst wow. I take back my kudos to VZW customer service
Not applicable

Someone should have stayed home to receive the package.  Do you want FedEx leaving a $600+ phone on your front doorstep that you would be responsible for if it gets stolen?

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

Horses547: They DID leave the package at my doorstep. The one they were supposed to deliver Saturday is the one that never arrived as it never left the FedEx local warehouse. All the others did arrive and were left on the doorstep. VZW does not require signature when they use FedEx.

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like my post was cut off:

"Monday I check the tracking number to see if I could get an ETA on when FedEx would deliver it. To my surprise it says "NO delivery. Shipping back to sender". I call VZW to see if they can have FedEx hold the package....VZW puts me on hold, talks to FedEx and says they cannot. Neither FedEx nor VZW knows why it did not make a delivery attempt.

VZW tells me no problem, they will overnight another one and it will arrive 05/07/13. Package arrives, and is on my doorstep when I come back from work. I open the package to find another Original Razr. Same issues: No wiFi, no Bluetooth, glitches etc. I call VZW who tells me that the tech did not check a box to ship the Razr HD and they will ship me another Razr HD...once they have the one that never reached my house and the one I need to return to replace the original return.

I understand having two replacement devices in-route is an issue before they send a 3rd, but come on. I travel again later this week and have to keep trying to use a phone that keeps a charge for 1.5 hours, and does not connect to WiFi or BT? The two things I use it most for?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

See if you can get one at your Local Store ask to Talk to a Manager tell em you Travel and you need your Phone.. or Ask if FedEx can over night it too ya.. Make sure to have them include a new Sim Card as you may need one of those as Well..

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

I may give that a try tomorrow. It is just frustrating to have a phone that has worked for 18 months be zonked out by an OTA update, and then to travel to three states with a phone that does not work. I am happy that VZW wanted to send me a newer device, but to still not have it a week later knowing I am going to be out of town again is frustrating to say the least.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup good luck there Bud.. And have a Safe Trip.. b

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon requires a signature release for any package sent to you. Be it a cell phone or a cell phone accessory.

No exceptions. You can sign the Fedex release and they will deliver the next day and leave the item, or you can take that notice and drive ti a Fedex terminal to pick up yourself.

Fedex will terminate an employee who disregards a "Signature Release" since if the package is stolen, or worse the customer steals it themselves and then Verizon has to replace the device at their own expense. So if you have it just left on the door step you have a problem. Count yourself very lucky.

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

Wrong there guy. I have had many devices shipped over the years. Never had anything but a box at the door. Phones, cases, charges, etc. Always a box on the door. So, unless you work for FedEx and know their policies, no idea what your point is here.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Since I have overseen shipping and receiving for a government agency, and know the local manager and drivers who "will not leave a package that says signature required" I would say yet again you have wrong information.  By verizons own policy via this link it shows I am correct. As I said I have never ever had any package from verizon just left on my door step. I have used my work address to redirect it since Fedex would not leave my package on my door even with a note asking them to do so.     http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/shipping.html  They do however allow a return label back to them as no signature required. That way they can claim it was not received back, or an empty box etc.

0 Likes