Yahoo email not able to sycn
hermosa123

Just got my Razr Maxx

My yahoo email is set up and I get emails and can send from my phone.

But when I delete files from my email account on my computer, they still show up on my phone.

I deleted the account on my phone and reinstalled my email.  The old files went away but the problem is starting all over again.

I have gone into settings in my email app.

Where it says Update the services to display and sync, I am not allowed to access this area.

Under  Data Usage, where it says:

Inbox checking frequency

Automatic (Push)

The phone will not allow me access this area.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email not able to sycn
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how convenient it is to have e-mail on your smartphone hermosa! In most cases e-mail client functionality is not the same in the desktop version as it is on your smartphone. The limitations you are experiencing is likely linked to your Yahoo account. If you want your e-mails deleted I recommend completing it on the handset itself.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email not able to sycn
Not applicable

First off remove the Yahoo mail from the stock app your using on your phone. It is totally useless and unreliable.

Then click the Google play store link on your cell and download the YMail App (new name for Yahoo Mail) after its downloaded and installed you sign in with your email address and password.

This will give you access to the Settings Menu for your account. The options to sync and how often, and to delete from server etc will be available.

Additionally log in to Yahoo Mail from a computer and change the settings to delete from server so you do not get duplicates. On the web there is a help section to assist you with Yahoo Mail if needed.

Good Luck

0 Likes