advanced calling audio delay - Droid Turbo
racknfrackn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was previously bothered by the lack of ability of the Droid Turbo to handle simultaneous voice and data since my RAZR Maxx did fine.  Anyway - when the Advanced Calling update came around I updated apparently with "no problems" . . . but . . . there is a problem!

EVERY TIME I receive OR place a call, I cannot hear who is on the line for a second or two.  This means, without fail: I say "Hello" . . . then "hello" again - I tend "sound" stupid to the people on the other end of the line (to them: I'm ignoring them OR I'm repeating myself OR I'm not saying anything to them)  . . . and so, then I have to explain (like in 80's) that I'm on my 2014 cell phone that acts like it's 30 years old!

Any help?

My Phone:

Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon

Android Version 4.4.4

System Version 21.44.8.quark_verizon.verizon.en.Us

Build KDF21,196-8

Advanced Calling

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: advanced calling audio delay - Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

racknfrackn-

Thank you for keeping us updated. It does sound like some customer are experiencing this same issue when Advance Calling 1.0 is turned on. Do you see any improvement when the phone has a charge of more than 50%? I would recommend for you to turn this feature of to improve the service. A fix for this issue will be included in a post launch software update (SU2).

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there racknfrackn! I am sorry to hear about the delay with the audio on the Droid Turbo. Since this has begun have you gone in to the phone settings to disable the advanced calling feature and then test to see if that same delay occurs? You can do this by going into Settings and choosing Advanced Calling and selecting to turn it off. Once off, lets see if that same delay takes place. Please keep me posted here with the results!

bryans_vzw       
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
racknfrackn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tested:

With Advanced Calling on - I made a call, there is a delay (I said hello twice, the person heard it once)

With Advanced Calling on - I had someone call me, there is a delay (I said hello twice, the person heard it once)

With Advanced Calling off - I made a call, there is NO delay (I said hello twice, the person heard it twice)

With Advanced Calling off - I had someone call me, there is NO delay (I said hello twice, the person heard it twice)

With Advanced Calling on - I made a call, there is a delay (I said hello twice, the person heard it once)

With Advanced Calling on - I had someone call me, there is a delay (I said hello twice, the person heard it once)

This confirms what I've already written - I have a problem with Advanced Calling on my Droid Turbo.  Currently the best solution is to turn it off . . . but there are times that I sure would like data and voice at the same time . . . is anyone else experiencing this?  Or is it just me?  Any actual solution or just turn it off?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

racknfrackn-

Thank you for keeping us updated. It does sound like some customer are experiencing this same issue when Advance Calling 1.0 is turned on. Do you see any improvement when the phone has a charge of more than 50%? I would recommend for you to turn this feature of to improve the service. A fix for this issue will be included in a post launch software update (SU2).

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

So just when is this Software Update going to happen? Not having simultaneous Voice & Data is unacceptable when this software to enable this function is flawed. Turning the Advanced Calling off is a BS answer.

allaboard
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue as well.  A time frame on the update to correct this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

aes1783
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our company just upgraded 10 of our phone lines to the Turbo and we have been experiencing the same issue. After speaking with Verizon tech support I learned the following, which may be helpful to those who also have been having the same issue:

If you experience this and it is bothersome to you, do the following as a work-around to solve the issue:

• Go to Settings

• Scroll down to Advanced Calling

• Toggle to OFF

This will turn your HD calling off and therefore resolve the connection lag issue. A consequence of your phone’s HD calling feature being off is that you are unable to use data and voice at the same time.

If you do not want to turn your HD calling feature off, another option would be to try and listen to when your phone connects to the call and then speak regardless of whether you hear the person on the other end say hello.

One thing to note is, when HD calling is toggled on and your phone is connected to WiFi, there doesn’t seem to be a connection lag.

The woman I spoke with said there is indeed a software update being worked on to fix the issue, but there is not currently a release date for it.

0 Likes
VeteransHomeCare
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not having voice/data to begin with was pretty bad but being told to turn it off because its defective is really a slap in the face.

hippickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue. I bought the phone a few days ago and threw the box away so can't return it. Very unhappy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hippickles

Being unhappy with your current device is not acceptable. We want to make sure that your phone is working the way it should be. Do you know if the other party that you're calling has Advance Calling 1.0 turned on? Are you experiencing this issue no matter where you are or just in one are? Where and when was your phone purchased? Please provide additional detail so we can get this resolved.

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes