android version 4.4.2 on my motorola droid razr maxx hd and it is constantly crashing...
JoeMcPherson41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just updated my phone to android version 4.4.2 on my motorola droid razr maxx hd and it is constantly crashing. I've counted 22 times in the last hour. Any help? I can't even use it right now

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: android version 4.4.2 on my motorola droid razr maxx hd and it is constantly crashing...
Pyroprophet

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: 4.4.2 Broke bluetooth on Razr Maxx HD

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: android version 4.4.2 on my motorola droid razr maxx hd and it is constantly crashing...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you loving the update, JoeMcPherson41. It'd possible the phone is trying to open an application that's no longer compatible with the updated version. When it starts to crash, are you in a particular program? Or do you see an error just before the crash? Try placing your phone into Safe Mode http://vz.to/1gFmFxb and seeing if it continues.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
dcviper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. At first it seemed to be limited to when I went out of range of WiFi, but now it's doing it all the time. I tried putting it into safe mode, but it still constantly crashes and reboots. The issue seems to be graphics or digitizer related, as it only crashes when I'm interacting with the phone. I was able to listen to Pandora with no problems during a 5 hour shift at work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcviper,

Oh no, sorry to hear you are having issues with your device. Have you recently downloaded new apps? Do you have to restart the phone once it crashes?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcviper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not installed any apps since applying the 4.4.2 update. The phone restarts itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha dcviper! I experienced similar issues after updating the software on my phone and I resolved all post software update issues by doing a hard reset. Please give it a try http://vz.to/z30zKf and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcviper
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to have fixed it. No restarts in over 12 hours.

0 Likes
dlw_droid
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should have learned after the last time to check here for reported problems before allowing a software update.  In that case, the phone crashed so often the crash pop-ups filled the screen and the only solution that worked was a replacement device.

Immediately after the 4.4.2 update, the Razor HD Maxx automatically updated the few apps that I allow to be auto-updated, which are only the Google apps I use. Since that, the phone repeatedly displays "Unfortunately, the Home Screen has crashed."  Touching "OK" causes the home screen to restart.  This interrupts any other screen that is open and takes me back to the home screen.  The cycle of crash-restart-crash occurs every few seconds, so using the phone for anything but taking incoming calls is impossible.  In fact, I can't take the incoming call without acknowledging the crash message and quickly accepting the call in the 3-second window before the home screen crashes again.

Rebooting doesn't change this behavior.  Safe mode (Volume Down plus Power) doesn't change it, so we know it's not one of the user-downloaded apps.  Factory reset (both volume keys plus Power) gave me the "dead droid" icon for a while, then rebooted to start crashing again.  I know that the reset didn't work because all my settings are still there...lock code, wallpaper, etc.  So I tried it again, with the same result.  It's on the third try now.  If this round doesn't work, my next step is to stop by a Verizon store and see what they can do for me.

P.S.:  Verizon employees, please keep in mind that link shorteners (including vz.to) are blocked on some computers for security reasons.

0 Likes
JoeMcPherson41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not downloaded any new apps since the update. It's still at least 10 restarts a day. There's never a notification or pop up- it just crashes both while I'm in the middle of something and even when it's just sitting on my desk and I happen to see the screen restart. Any recommendations?

0 Likes