apps to replace the ICS notification bar
jdroidrazorperson

Hello,

I was just forced with the ICS update.  I really can't stand the new notification status bar at the top of the phone.  What are the best third party apps to use to customize the notification area? I am on the droid razor max.

I saw the ICS version on a samsung s III.  Really like the samsung notification bar.  Any app that will mimic that view on a razor?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: apps to replace the ICS notification bar
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope. Anything that says it can also requires voiding the warranty to do it. You will need to seek those answers elsewhere.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I am not to Warmed over them either but as Ann Posted it's gotta be what it's gotta Be they might make some cosmetic changes to it with Jelly Bean.  When it COMES out and that might be ways off.. 

0 Likes
jdroidrazorperson

Anyone know when Jelly Bean will be released?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would say it would be around Nov. or Dec. But it might be Next year But Hopefully it will be Sooner..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There is a number of launcher replacements that can hide the status bar but none that can replace it, what about it that you do not like, may I ask?

If you want to try a launcher replacement heres a few on the Play Store...

0 Likes
jdroidrazorperson

I will check those out.  I don't like the uni color design.  The all blue battery, In all the entire view of the phone after ICS is something that is painful to look at.

Now I have streaming video issues when I am no longer in 4g area.  Found this while on the treadmill and using netflix.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree with the basic color scheme that the ICS UI has, this is one of the main things that I so not like as well, hopefully one of the listed apps works to your liking..

As for the streaming issue, since you said you are not in a 4G area have you considered switching the radio to only recieve 3G, from what I hear this resolves other users that experianced this do you the area that they are located.

I cant walk you through the steps to switch the connection but I believe it should be in your owners manual.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'm with you guys on that as well i like GingerBread with it's blend of colors whole allot better that that of the plane Jane blue of I.C.S..  

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

I'm not a programmer but I think some of the cosmetic changes may actually be saving some battery life.

In GB my unlock was big green bright circles and lines with big red bright ones when wrong. Lots of power to the screen to drive that. Now the thinner dimmer lines. Less Power.

Monochrome notification, again more power management. Besides, how much time do we really spend in the notification bar. The mono blue is probably less of a drain than other colors. Some developer somewhere could probably tell us just how many microamps per pixel it takes to drive the screens.

Just my two cents.

0 Likes