can't receive text message from one of my contacts. they are getting mine
ladybird2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help 2 days ago I stop receiving text message from a friend. She is getting mine but I don't get her's

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't receive text message from one of my contacts. they are getting mine
B33
Legend

K.. Have the contact = person:  Do a cache Clearing of there Text messages only and then have them run a Power cycle on there phone and then have them resend the a Test Text message..  it maybe all that is needed.. see if that works let me know..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ladybird2

Let's ensure you and your friend are receiving each others text messages again!

I see you started this question in the Droid Maxx device category.  Is the model device you are using?  If so, which text messaging application are you using, the default Messaging app or are you using another downloaded messaging application?  Are you able to receive texts from other recipients?  Lastly, can you delete messages in the text message thread between you and the recipient, power your device off and back on, then retest.  Please keep me posted so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ladybird2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have a droid razor maxx. I am using SMS Go for texting. My friend has an iPhone with Verizon. I deleted the thread and the app powered down. Didnt help. I even tried using Message from y'all didn't work.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Run a system Cache on your Droid Maxx see if that may Help..  Follow the Link for the Instructions b33

Clear Cache Partition

0 Likes
ladybird2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once I figured out the direction to clear cache Partition, I did it but still can't get text from my one contact.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K.. Have the contact = person:  Do a cache Clearing of there Text messages only and then have them run a Power cycle on there phone and then have them resend the a Test Text message..  it maybe all that is needed.. see if that works let me know..

0 Likes
ladybird2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its fixed and  i don't know what did it!

Thanks for all your help !!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sometimes just running a power cycle will take a phone that is acting awful back to running smooth..  And your Welcome. b33

0 Likes