Re: can't receive text messages! popup error that say "unfortunately messaging has stopped"
vern02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have droid mini with same prompt of unfortunately.... Started a week ago. Just cleared cache and data. Hope it works!

0 Likes
Re: can't receive text messages! popup error that say "unfortunately messaging has stopped"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello elund34,

That's quite an odd problem, that it's changing the date on you! Have you cleared your messaging cache & data as well? Are you using the stock messaging app, or a third party app?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have cleared all the text messages and cleared the cache many times over and it doesnt seem to matter.

elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes its the stock messaging app that is on the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

elund34,

Great thanks for the update, let's get these messages back up and flowing again. Try this: settings, apps, messaging app, force stop, clear data and clear cache. Please keep us posted on this.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have gone previously to force stop and clear data and cache with no change to the messaging app status. I have even tried this with a power cycle and nothing else changed.

--- Original Message ---

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

elund34

Thank you for your continued efforts! Were you able to delete all messages from the phone and retest your experience? If this does not improve, can you try a Factory Reset? http://vz.to/1oTEisw

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have deleted all the text messages off of my phone and it made no difference.  I have not done a factory reset and will not do it unless it is a proven solution to fixing this problem (which it isn't, because multiple people on here have done so and they are still having problems).  Is Verizon and Motorola working on fixing this or is the best Verizon will do is just keep sending out random suggestions and things to try and hope that an unhappy customer will just go away?!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello elund34!

We strive to find a resolution for you! I'm so sorry that this is happening. I researched the issue in the references I have, and I do show that a master reset resolves the issue.

If you do not want to complete a master reset, you have the option of downloading a messaging application from the Google Play Store. However, I would recommend following the steps in the link we provided and complete the master reset on the device.

Thanks so much!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
apollo1912
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've seen chatter on here that Motorola released an update and it is causing a lot of messaging/texting problems, including missed texts and the message "messaging has stopped."  I have the message pop up ("messaging has stopped") and I have missed numerous texts (where did they go?) from at least 8 different people in the last week.
What is happening?