defective droid turbo owners
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

I decided I should start a discussion for those of us with defective droid turbos that have been received from vzw or moto as replacements or exchanges.

So if you have a story, a novel or any productive info please share.

Please only join discussion if you fall under any of the following:

*Your experiencing problems

*Have a fix that the rp has not tried and that hasn't been offerd by another trying to help that rp, if your not sure read the post fully then offer it as a solusion but only after your sure it hasn't been offered or done

* please we don't need a bunch of people offering FDR and CCP, most of us are way past trouble shooting and those that aren't will be immediately recommended to do CCP then an FDR as a last ditch

My technical experience on this phone:

*FDR only helps the battery drain issues and it will take at min 1.5 weeks to really get back to normal

*And CCP did nothing for me personally

No added speed or optimum speed improvement nor quality of use improvements

*I have not found any fix for any of the hardware issues many of us are having

I'm on defective device #4 personally and still they insist that all phones are inspected before they leave, which is just jibber jabber

So if you have a problem with your droid turbo or turbo 64gb here is where you let us know

Labels (2)
Re: defective droid turbo owners
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

FDR = factory data reset

CCP = clear cache partition

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I'm sorry, but if you are on your 4th Turbo, there is something you are doing to the device or an app you are installing that is causing the problem.  I've had just one Turbo since release day 11 months ago with no issues that weren't my fault. 

whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

FDR FDR FDR FDR FDR FDR FDR FDR FDR FDR out of the box out of the box out of the box out of the box I've used these phone zero times all this stuff happens out of the box I don't even get a chance to setup the phone aside from my first one

0 Likes
Jaclyn1204
Enthusiast - Level 2

i will be having them send me my 3rd turbo in 4 weeks! I'm disgusted already with these issues! People on other end of my call cannot hear me.....and phone has a terrible signal. I did not have these issues with my Motorola Maxx HD.

Jaclyn1204
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not anything that I am "doing" or "installing" because I'm just using the phone out of the box. I want to make sure it works properly before I set it up to my liking.

0 Likes
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

vzw policy:

* Consumer Deal with it.

*Play mail me phones back and fourth till you get a good one (good luck)

*Call moto

*blame Google for the update

* blame moto for hardware ISSUES

* blame WiFi provider for WiFi

* accept no responsibility

* NO NEW PHONES UNLESS YOU PAY

* everyone needs to be on device payment plan.

* vzw only provides calls, internet, text, and mms anything else isn't their problem.

*Buy a new phone on device payment plan ON ANOTHER LINE and keep paying for the broken phone AND THE NEW PHONE on device payment plans.

(yes that's an OPTION, lol) and we have come to the CONCLUSION that it's the only TRUE FIX. The only way to TRUELY GET OUT OF THE PHONE. Under certain circumstances those being the new user would be giving up their upgrade early, and they are OK with the defect or won't use the defective feature. But your still paying for a defective phone. You can just pay off the defective phone IN FULL and BUY A NEW one which is the same thing just more money upfront and right away. NO DISCOUNTS NO REBATES NOTHING.

OR TRY TO SELL THE PHONE PERSONALLY FOR THE AMMOUNT IT WOULD COST TO BUY OUT THE PHONE AND THEN GET ANOTHER ON THE DEV. PAY. PLAN AND JUST CALL IT A LOSS

Good luck Jaclyn I hope you find a solution in the this list if not I'm sorry I was in the same boat as you, well still am but will be kinda out tomorrow am

Just don't hold the phones hostage they don't like it.lol

THE CUSTOMER IS WRONG! APPARENTLY...

FLAGSHIP DOWNNN!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want our customers to feel dissapointed, or frustrated. Having 5 replacement devices that are having the same issues is unheard of. Have you reached out to the manufacture to see about possible conflicts of applications that have been loaded on the devices? Have you tried to activate the phone and use it with just the core applications on it before loading any third party apps on it? Testing your device this way will let us know if it is the device, or possibly an application or memory card that is causing the concerns. Please try this activation without any extra applications or memory cards in the device. We want to resolve this with you as well, and have your phone working without issue. Let us know how this responds after trying these steps.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jayblazin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand your plight.  I traded in a perfectly good Galaxy s3 in June,  that served me well for years because it sometimes lagged.  If I could only have seen the future.  I have now on phone number seven (yes seven!!!). When I bought the first phone I bought an Otterbein with it. Yes from the inside the phone screen had broken multiple times.  Software issue with 2 of them causing the phone to crash.  One had a battery that expanded which in turn made the screen separate from the back and before sending phone number 6 back to Verizon Phone number)seven CRACKED when I tossed it on my BED!!! BUT my just as the gentleman said earlier it seems to be the consumers problem.  The Verizon store seats they have no control over this issue and when I asked to evaluate my problem multiple times they said nothing about who I could contact. 7 phones, in 7 months is ridiculous.  And I'm supposed to keep paying for defective phones for 2 years? Sending and receiving them? Smh. I could use some advice also...

0 Likes
Jayblazin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgive the typos,  Otterbein=Otterbox,  Oh and 2 of the phones also had the issue with people on the other end not being able to beat me either.

0 Likes