Re: droid maxx keeps shutting down and restarting 2-3 times a day.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

goatlips,

Thank you for those details. Normally an appliction will not bother the actual power button. But, 3rd party applications can sometimes cause issues with the software. I would recommed on testing the device out with deleting the last application that you downloaded. This is to test to see if you still have the issue wiht the device shutting down and restarting.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
goatlips

I've removed the application, and it didn't resolve the issue or improve performance at all.

0 Likes
swhicks2

still having problem. Phone was put in safe mode for two weeks and everyday at approximately 7-8 pm I would notice it shutting down and restarting. I know this because I go on break and I usually check phone. phone is in 3g.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swhicks2, that seems to be a very odd situation going on. I want to make sure that the device stays on. I would next recommend on backing up the device and performing a factory reset: http://vz.to/1BXR6Jd Once that is performed please test out the device without any applications on the device.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
swhicks2

I have done a factory reset and both phones continue to turn off and turn back on a couple times a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swhicks2 We appreciate your efforts. Have you had the phones checked out since the pwer cycling issue? Any physical or moisture damage?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
roadrunner0260

Hello -

Have the same issue one year to the day since purchase.  Randomly shutting off several times a day and night. I leave it on my desk while working so I don't always catch it before it shuts down which causes several missed calls, and the alarm clock situation,ugh! Stopped using it for wake up long ago.

I did all suggested checks and reboots, resets then I started seeing forum post that this is a common problem with this phone and that Verizon is well aware of it. Why isn't something being done? No upgrades for another year, had to purchase cheap phone to make sure I had a working cell because I'm way out in the country (no land lines available).

The phone is defective and should be recalled or exchanged at no cost to the consumer. Have heard many talking of a class action suit being filed which would be unfortunate, ideally the carrier should provide minimum customer service and offer exchange?

Good luck to all that have this phone and the problems that go with it because it is an ongoing issue that isn't being resolved. I'd like to be wrong about a fix and will keep searching.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roadrunner00260,

We don't want to see this continue to be an issue for you. Let's dive in here and get your situation ironed out. What software version is your device currently on? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-50769/

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kayelleem

Its clear when reading through this thread that this is a known issue. I find it interesting that you pretend you don't know about it and i also find it interesting that when i compared phone comments when buying this phone three months ago none of these issues came up in the comments Verizon provided. None of the advice provided here it's working for me. I don't have a home phone and i don't have an alarm clock. I have teenaged children and elderly parents.  I am completely screwed right now and there is absolutely nothing i can do about it.  I pay way too much money for this crap. If you've have a known issue for 2 years you'd think that you'd stop selling the product. I was a 12 year die hard Verizon fan but i am disgusted that you would push such a terrible product.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.

0 Likes