droid razr
sydddnneey
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have the droid razr and it's awful. it's always glitching, freezing, during on and off by itself out of no where, the screen and the back of the phone get really hot like it's been laying outside or something. and worst of all the screen will just sometimes randomly go black for a long period of time. i don't think this could have happened from me dropping it, because it was doing all this before i dropped it and i've only dropped it a few times. but do you think Verizon will replace my phone if i tell them this? or do you think they'll just say it's from the phone being dropped?even though it was happening before the drops. and cna someone, anyone, please give me advice or an answer as soon as possible. it's greatly apprecatied!

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: droid razr
ChristinaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you tell them it started before being dropped they'll most likely replace it for free. Or if you have insurance they may make you pay the $50 fee.

0 Likes
sydddnneey
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you! i just don't like this phone what's so ever. it was doing all of that before i dropped it and i have no idea why. and i do believe i have insurance, but the thing is is that if they do replace it for free or anything , i don't want them to replace it with the same phone because i've done all this stuff before and they always replace it with the same phone and the replacement phone has the same problems. i just want a different phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Syd how long have you had the Razr ?  it could be phone with the issue.. but the Sim could also be causing the problem Every thing that runs that phone Rest on the Sim if Has been Touched in the Gold Area or was Bent Slightly before it Was installed it Most Certainly can issues One more thing there is a Spring Mechanism that pulls the Sim into the Phone and Hold's in place if the Sim card wasn't fully Pushed in it can Cause issues as Well..  b33

sydddnneey
Enthusiast - Level 1

i've only had it for a few months. but ever since the day i got it it's always had a problem. and i've had droids before and they've all had probelms. and i've checked the sims card and nothing appears to be wrong with it. but i'm no phone expert. but when i had the iPhone, i had no troubles at all.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'v had really good luck with my past Droids and Now with my new one's a Bobbles here and there and i liked my BB's kind of miss them sometimes as Email on them was really Reliable but i still glad i made the Move i Did when i got my earlier Droids..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to help out our fellow community members.

@sydddnneey,

Having issue with your phone is never a good time and I’m here to help!

How long have you had this issue? Have you tried a soft reset http://bit.ly/tb2reb? Did you notice these started after the ICS update? One thing you can try is a hard reset. This is recommended after a large software update like the ICS.

If you are still having these issues after the hard reset http://bit.ly/tQ0nkT we may need to look into replacement options. As long as there is no physical or liquid damage and you’re under the warranty it can be replaced at no cost.

Post back if you need further assistance after the hard reset.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes