email app not working
jslstephmsl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have used the same AOL and Yahoo accounts for years. all of a sudden a few days ago my phn says I have a sync error. I go online and delete the accounts and one will work online and the other says the password is wrong. So i changed the password which works on a computer still won't add on Verizon's site. The yahoo account that I added says it can't sync to my phn bc my phn says the password isn't correct. Help please.

Labels (2)
Re: email app not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jslstephmsl, let's make sure we get your email accounts working successfully. When you state you deleted your accounts online, are you referring to Backup Assistant Plus? Try removing and re-adding the accounts directly thru the phone. Go to Settings, Accounts, select your email account, then Remove. Re-add by going back to Accounts. If you're still receiving errors with Yahoo, choose Other instead of Yahoo and then enter your username and password. I've seen sometimes where the Yahoo setting doesn't automatically enter the settings correctly, but manual will.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hopefully you already have this straightened out, but in case you don't ... there are a number of threads on this forum about e-mail sync issues.  Some say it's a Verizon issue, some say it isn't.  It seems to be happening to various phones with various e-mail services, but especially Yahoo and AOL.  It's also happening to phones on ICS and JB.  At any rate, as a workaround, you may want to delete the accounts and set them back up as 'Other' accounts; download the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play; or use another e-mail client like K-9 (available from Google Play).

0 Likes
Raleighrdu

Hi,

After much much trouble with Maxx/Droid/HTC/Moto not liking att.net and Yahoo resulting in inconsistencies, I gave up and moved to gmail which (of course) works perfectly with Maxx.  The best results I could obtain from Maxx is to run simultaneously the native non-gmail app as well as the download Yahoo app. Odds were high that one or the other would work on any given day.  Nevertheless, even though it is a painful process, gmail is the way to go for a Droid.

Raleighrdu

0 Likes