freezes during txting & at night
spiritalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the 1st upgrade, the phone has been freezing during txts (one on one) while the wifi is on.  I have to turn the wifi off and resend.  Now, after the 2nd upgrade,the phone freezes up every night and I have to reboot every morning.  I've eliminated apps I thought were causing a problem, no help.  I REALLY don't want to do a factory reset and lose all my apps, etc.Smiley Sad

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: freezes during txting & at night
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A factory reset is usually the last thing I want to turn to also, spiritalker. Let's check out all your options to avoid that pesky reset. Removing apps is definitely a great start. Do you happen to still have any messaging applications, task killer, battery saver, or antivirus applications? If you do, remove those too and see if it helps. If not, try putting your phone into Safe Mode http://vz.to/rxg0ii for a day. This will stop your 3rd party applications from running and allow you to see if the issue continues when they aren't running. Also, does this trouble seem to happen when you're connected to a certain WiFi or is it any WiFi?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

B33
Legend

The Suggestion that JenniferH suggested is Good the only other thing i Would try or Suggest is Running a System Cache Clear Follow these instructions for Running the System Cache

With the phone ON Just tap the Power button to blacken the Display  (  Don't Shut the Phone off )  Follow these Instructions

1. Press and hold the "Volume Up  &  Down at the same time" While doing  that  press the Power button. till the screen comes back on When that does that let off the Power button  ONLY   Wait till you see a White screen   Follow to Step 2.
  2. When presented with the White Boot Mode Selection Menu release the Volume buttons.
  3. Press "Volume Down" to scroll down to  Recovery  then immediately press Volume Up.        Step 4 will Follow
  4. From the Red triangle in  Little Droid on the screen,  press and hold Volume Down. for 10 sec. While doing that press for a Second the Up  " Volume "
  5. The Next screen You will have 5 choices  Select  Clear the Cache Partition  it's the 5th choice.. then press the Power button.
  6. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

And that should Do it.. If you have anymore Issues Let me know. b33

spiritalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

been eliminating apps like crazy, going to do the safe mode today, as I remember, it only does it on my home wifi....:-(

0 Likes
spiritalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

so update on my phone..... I did the apps, cleared the cache, no help...finally started to turn off the wifi setting when at home and NOT using wifi.....problem solved!!!  Stupid home wifi was causing the problems sending txts and freezing up the phone

when updating apps.  Ya, live out in the country and internet is not the greatest.  Thanks for all the suggestions, they sure helped!

0 Likes