google voice text
jennlyn27

hello- I have a droid razr maxx hd phone & I am having trouble getting the voice texting to work. for example, I know you can say "text Jim hello" &  it will send the text without having to type anything. I tried this & I keep getting the error "contact not found". the person I am trying to voice text is entered in my contacts'. can someone please help? what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: google voice text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there jennlyn27!

The Google Voice Actions is a great feature of the newest software upgrade on your device! It can give you the ability to do many things by just the sound of your voice. You can check out the features here http://www.motorola.com/blog/2012/07/17/google-voice-actions-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-for-droi.... This is a great video to show you the available options and the best way to use them.

Now, the error that you were getting pertaining to the "Contact not found" I think would be caused by the Voice Actions not distinguishing what you are saying. If you say "Text Jim Hello" very quickly it may be searching for a contact named "Jim Hello" and not just "Jim." I would emphasize a pause in between the contact name and what you want your message to be. For example, you would say "text Jim" PAUSE "Hello. How are you?" and then it would pop up to confirm what you'd like to do. This may help in sending a text easier. As you go along, it may become easier to know how to speak to Google Voice Actions.

Thanks for your question.

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Re: google voice text
rcschnoor
Legend

Additionally, if you have a problem with your enunciation, such as an accent or speech impediment, the voice recognition may have a hard time understanding. A funny example can be seen HERE.

One last thing, is your contact under James instead of Jim?

0 Likes