group text problem with wifi on
Dentguy

For the past couple of months I have not been able to receive group texts consistently.  Usually I get a "Downloading" message and the actual message may come through 10 minutes or 2 hours later, if it ever comes through.  Verizon says it's because I have WIFI on.  I turned it off and texting did seem to work.  Is this normal??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: group text problem with wifi on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Dentguy! I checked my resources and our tech team is correct, having WiFi enabled may cause some issues with your messages. Your phone is working as fine, I recommend disabling WiFi when using group messaging or try another messaging application.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dentguy we'll take a look and pinpoint the issue! Group Messages are sent as MMS so a data connection is needed. Are you using the standard messaging app or a 3rd party?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dentguy

Hi Ashley:

Thanks for looking into this. I’m using the standard messaging App that came with my Droid that I bought from Verizon. If I send a text to a single person it goes through and can get responded to weather the wifi is active or not. However if I send a text to 2 people at once it goes out OK but any response sent by either recipient will show up as a message that’s “downloading”. The actual message may come in an hour later or never. According to your tech support people this is happening because I have the wifi active. I tried the same scenario with the wifi off and sure enough it worked. The problem is with my wifi off all my other stuff will drive my data usage up.

What’s the answer??

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Dentguy! I checked my resources and our tech team is correct, having WiFi enabled may cause some issues with your messages. Your phone is working as fine, I recommend disabling WiFi when using group messaging or try another messaging application.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes