how can I limit my son's data usage without suspending his phone service? He has a Droid Turbo. He needs to still text and make calls.
jbird642

How do I limit my son's data usage without suspending his service? I still need phone calls and texting.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: how can I limit my son's data usage without suspending his phone service? He has a Droid Turbo. He needs to still text and make calls.
rcschnoor
Legend

You can sign up for Family Base. It is $4.99/month with the first month a free trial.

Verizon Wireless - It's the Network

0 Likes
Re: how can I limit my son's data usage without suspending his phone service? He has a Droid Turbo. He needs to still text and make calls.
jbird642

is that my only option?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No it is not, but the fact you are asking this question means the other methods will not likely work.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

For example, when my daughter is using more data than I would like, I tell her to cut back on her data usage. I have told her not to stream video via cellular data, etc...

She is aware of this and if we have overages due to her usage, she is aware she will be paying those overages. This has happened 1 time in the 4 years she has had a smartphone. She informed me she would be watching a live video steam which would likely eat up a lot of data, ended up being ~7 GB in about 1.5 hours. Since she informed me ahead of time, I changed our monthly allowance accordingly and instead of having 4 GB in overages for the month(4 GB @ $15/GB = $60), we simply had an increased data allowance charge for 1 month of $20 which she paid.

0 Likes
jbird642

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes