how do I turn off opening google
seti
Enthusiast - Level 2

When using the voice recognition on the Droid Turbo, how can I disable the "opening Google" response after asking a question?  This is incredibly annoying.  My Droid Maxx didn't have this problem.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I turn off opening google
seti
Enthusiast - Level 2

This didn't work and actually disables Google functions such as cards which I use on regular basis.  It looks like there was an update to the Moto Voice app recently that fixes this issue.  Unfortunately It will continue saying "Opening Google" if using a Bluetooth device "in order to provide an eyes-free confirmation that the command has been received".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

seti,

Help has arrived! Try going to your app menu then selecting Google Settings>Search & Now>Disable Google Now and select Voice to review further available options. Let us know if this helps.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
seti
Enthusiast - Level 2

This didn't work and actually disables Google functions such as cards which I use on regular basis.  It looks like there was an update to the Moto Voice app recently that fixes this issue.  Unfortunately It will continue saying "Opening Google" if using a Bluetooth device "in order to provide an eyes-free confirmation that the command has been received".

0 Likes