how do i clear text message indicator
mary654
Enthusiast - Level 1

My text message indicator on my Droid Razr Maxx shows two unread messages.  All messages have been read.  I cleared the cache, disabled the app, rebooted and then re enabled messaging  and it still shows two unread messages, which is driving me crazy.  Can anyone help?

Mary S

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i clear text message indicator
mary654
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, Ann.  I have the Droid Razr Maxx.  I'd tried removing the app icon but it didn't work.  I finally deleted all my group messages and that cleared it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the DROID Razr Maxx model or the DROID Maxx model? There is a difference.

Also have you tried removing the app icon from the home screen and adding it back again from the app drawer? That sometimes helped on one of my older devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mary654
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, Ann.  I have the Droid Razr Maxx.  I'd tried removing the app icon but it didn't work.  I finally deleted all my group messages and that cleared it.

0 Likes
grannyjan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. It wasn't showing any messages but the indicator said there was one. My husband sent me a test text, and after I deleted that, it cleared it. It's a pain.

0 Likes