The only way I have found so far is to enter all contacts of a desired group into your Gmail contact list, create a group there that will sinc with the phone. Then the sequence is;
Download the Go SMS Pro app (free)
Enter all the contacts you wish to add to the group into your gmail account
create a group in your gmail account (this will sinc with the phone)
from the main screen tap Go SMS Pro
tap the write icon in the upper left
tap the ico again
tap the group you want to text
tap the box to the right of the text name
tap OK at the bottom left
type your message
Note: when setting up Go SMS Pro you must select show mobile numbers only
Message was edited by: Richard >> personal information removed <<
Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Have a look at these instructions: See if they may be any assistance in sending group Text. b33
How do I use the DROID RAZR text messaging application?
To launch the text messaging application:
Touch Apps > Text Messaging
Tip: If the screen is locked, touch and flick to text.
• Create: Tap + above the inbox list.
• Attach: When you’re typing a message, tap to attach a picture, video, or other file.
Tips & tricks
Read, reply, forward & delete text messages
Tap Apps > Text Messaging
• Open: Tap a conversation to open it.
• Attachments: When you open a message with an attachment, tap the attachment to open it, or tap and hold it to save it.
• Reply: Open a conversation, then enter your response in the text box at the bottom.
• Forward: Open a conversation, tap and hold the message you want to forward, then tap at the top.
• Delete: Tap and hold a conversation you want to delete (or open the conversation and tap and hold just one message), then tap at the top.
• Settings: Tap Menu > Settings to change your signature and other options.
Create text messages
Find it: Tap Apps > Text Messaging > +
1. Enter the recipients at the top.
2. Tap the text box at the bottom to enter the message.
To add an attachment, tap . To send and receive large attachments faster, use “Wi-Fi Networks”.
Group text messages
Group messaging is currently not supported, you may find alternatives in the Android Market, try searching for, "group messaging".
While we do not endorse or guarantee these solutions, or provide support for them, some owners have reported success using 3rd party Android Applications. You can search the Android Market for this and many other 3rd party applications that are available that may enable you to send group messages from your device.