installed update now dialpad/contacts missing and can't download anything
jaugusti

I installed an update (yesterday), my phone than shut off to install the update and when it came back on my dial pad to make calls as well as my contacts was missing. I went to the messages tab and all my texts are still there with phone numbers but all the names are gone from the numbers. I go to the message and try to "add to contacts" and the phone says the app was not found. I try going into settings and clicking check for updates but that does nothing. I click on google play and it immediately closes the app. I tried doing a factory reset and clearing out the phone. When it finally came back on nothing has changed with the exception of all my old videos and texts and such being gone. I have even tried plugging the phone into the computer and checking for updates, when I do this it pops up with a window saying that an update is already in progress...but there isn't. How in the world do I resolve this?

BTW my phone is a Droid razzr M HD

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: installed update now dialpad/contacts missing and can't download anything
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there jaugusti!

I am incredibly sorry to learn that your phone is having quite the difficulty! This is definitely not the intent of a software update. I truly appreciate the troubleshooting you've completed already.

I just want to confirm that you've completed this Factory Reset: http://vz.to/1a6pMrT as mentioned. Please review all steps just in case!

Once this is/was completed, what happens when you try to open the "People" application? Do you get an error message there as well? Did you sign in to your Google/Gmail account?

Keep me posted.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jaugusti

I am signed in with my gmail account, and that is the problem the people app, normally on the bottom left of my homescreen as well as the dial pad app are both gone entirely. There are no images for the apps and when I scroll through all of my apps on my phone through settings than apps than all I can't fine either of the apps. Yes I followed the Factory Reset following every step. Like I posted earlier I am unable to even open google play or download any apps by any other means.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jagusti,

We honestly appreciate all the troubleshooting you've taken on thus far. At this point, we would be looking into a replacement. I've begun following you so please accept my request, follow back, and send a direct message my way including your name, mobile number, and billing password (or last four of your social if a password isn't present).

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes