my headphone jack broke off in my droid turbo, how can I get it out?
smalz73

I called Genius Phone Repair and they want $80!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my headphone jack broke off in my droid turbo, how can I get it out?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smalz73, we want to ensure you're able to use your headset when needed. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. We do not recommend attempting to remove that jack from the device yourself as to avoid any damage to the port especially if the jack is positioned deep within the port. You can visit a specialty phone repair shop in your area to see if they can remove it safely and at what cost. This option would definitely be less than having to replace the phone as stated by Ann154.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was this Motorola's repair cost?  $80 is certainly less than a new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smalz73, we want to ensure you're able to use your headset when needed. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. We do not recommend attempting to remove that jack from the device yourself as to avoid any damage to the port especially if the jack is positioned deep within the port. You can visit a specialty phone repair shop in your area to see if they can remove it safely and at what cost. This option would definitely be less than having to replace the phone as stated by Ann154.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mr_wall
Enthusiast - Level 1

When this happened to me, I used a toothpick broken in half, with a dab of crazy glue on the end. Carefully slide it in, and pressed firmly for a minute or two for it to dry, then slowly pulled and it came right out.

You know for a fact this is exactly what any phone repair place would do. Make 80$ for something that literally takes less than 5 minutes... If they do end up messing something up they have the know-how to replace the part.

0 Likes