my yahoo email accounts
mrichman333

So the razr m is my first smart phone.  I linked my yahoo email account. I noticed that when I look at my email on my razr all of my email are listed including ones that I deleted on-line.  Is there a seting or something that I need to set?  Or would each email have to be deleted on the raze also?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: my yahoo email accounts
Not applicable

Don't use the stock email that comes with the device. its pretty faulty.

Go to the Google Play Store on your phone, download YMail (Yahoo Mail) after it installs open the app sign in with your email name and password. You then will have it getting your email. You then under account settings set to get mail,sounds you want for notifications etc.

Then go to the stock app and delete the email account.

You are all set from then on. I have multiple accounts set up under YMail and they function perfectly.

Good Luck

0 Likes
mrichman333

Thanks.  Ok, so I'm a newbee and have another question.  When I went to download the yahoo app, It listed app permisions, it says yahoo mail needs access to:

my received txt messages

personal information: modify your contacts, read call log, read your contacts, write call logaccounts: add or remove accounts and set passwords

Among other things.  I don't know if I like that

0 Likes
mrichman333

Ok, I went to yahoo.com signed in and bookmarked the page.  There are a few more steps involved but I think I like it better.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just agree to the permissions. The stand alone app is far superior as I said to the stock app on the devices.

And as your post below/above I knew you would like it. Smiley Happy

0 Likes