new update calendar app glitch
notsosmartuser

Since the new update,when my phone is turned on after being off all night, my factory installed calendar app seizes up on the agenda mode. I am unable to move from date to date, and have to shut down the phone and restart it again to get the app to work. Has anyone had this problem? Also, some of the previous factory installed widgets, like the weather widget and note pad widget were eliminated during that update, and info was lost. I assume that those are gone for good. Can someone explain the cache clear process, as I may want to try that to see if that fixes the calendar problem. I really don't want to have to make my phone in and have it replaced. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: new update calendar app glitch
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't heard of anyone else with that calendar issue; maybe a system cache clear will resolve it. 

Yes, some of the changes with the update included the removal of some of the widgets; the changelog can be found here:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/944899#944899

Here's how to do a system cache clear:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
notsosmartuser

Thanks!

Will I lose any info, such as texts, photos, or notes? Sorry to be so dim on this issue.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you shouldn't lose any data when doing a system cache clear.  Just be sure to follow the steps and choose your options carefully, otherwise you could do a factory reset by mistake and that will wipe your data.

0 Likes