newer droid wet - no insurance - what to do...?
hobbyfarmer

My razr maxx went into the lake  last month. I got it all dry in rice and 90 degree weather. Now the white light will come on along with a boot screen, but it will not charge. I thought I could send it to Motorola and pay for the repair but no.  I know I read about a factory programming cable to charge it with, but none of the phone stores I have asked even know what I am talking about. Is that worth trying to find?  Should I just give up at this point?  And if so what are good options for finding an affordable replacement phone. Yes I have learned my lesson and now have insurance Smiley Happy  thanks for any help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: newer droid wet - no insurance - what to do...?
Not applicable

http://www.swappa.com

you can get another phone for cheap. Make sure the phone is functional and not on the lost or stolen list. I have read the site I gave you checks that out in advance. Always be careful in any online transaction.

For the record the Asurion insurance is useless. You have to pay a deductible up front to have them send you a second hand junker. Or a different model phone if they don't have one of yours available.

Also be careful shipping it back, like verizons "we never received it back scam" I have read Asurion also pulls that scam.

Get it with tracking and pay for the extra insurance against loss or theft or damage so you will not get scammed.

Good Luck

0 Likes
hobbyfarmer

Thank you so much! This is exactly the kind of helpful info I was hoping for.

Have a great day!

0 Likes
Not applicable

My pleasure !

0 Likes