This morning, after i had my turbo charging overnight, it was at 100%. But it was really hot a couple of times and the battery was drained to 11% after about 3 hours of being off the charger. When i was able to, i put the phone on the original turbo charger and left it to charge for about 20 minutes. When i went to look at it, the screen said that it was on cooling mode and that it could only make emergency calls. The phone itself was REALLY hot so i turned it off and let it cool down. Once it was cool, i turned it back on and since then the moto display hasnt worked. And i have turned ff the phone like 3 or 4 times. What should i do?
I believe I'd be asking for a replacement as this sounds somewhat serious. I'd say a runaway app or 2 might cause some overheating, but if it got that hot, to the point of having to cool down to make calls, I'd get on the Live Chat or another phone (not the Turbo) and call Verizon for a warranty replacement. Maybe it's the battery or charger but I'd be cautious.
I agree with Snn5 , sounds like an internal shorted li-ion battery or a bad charging circuit. Li-ion batteries are a fire hazard and I would take it to Verizon ASAP. One more thing don't use that charger and keep the phone in an area where it can't do damage to you or it location!
Yeah, might be best to place that phone to the side and powered off. Maybe you know someone with a phone you can use temporarily, or you might still have your old phone.
The charger that came with the DROID Turbo was the Quick Charger and can make the phone warm, but it shouldn't be hot. I wouldn't regularly use that charger for long periods of charging.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
I am having the same issue. I have 2 Turbos on my plan and the 1st one started getting hot and the battery would drain a lot faster than usual while hot. Verizon replaced that one and the replacement just started to do the same thing a couple days ago. Now today the 2nd one started
Thanks for reaching out regarding the battery issue. We want you to be able to use the phone without a rapidly draining battery or overheating.
What software version do you have on your Turbo? Please fully power off the phone by holding the power button for approximately 10 seconds. Once device is powered off, please plug into the supplied in-box charger. Once device is fully charged, please leave on the charger for at least 30 additional minutes. Please let us know how it works after this has been done.
We want to be able to let our engineers know in case additional testing needs to be done.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
You could very well have a defective phone. But if I were you I would replace the AC power strip you have the charger plugged into as well. All AC power strips sold in the USA last 15 years have "Surge Protection" built in. This is provided by a cheap electronic component called a Varistor. These degrade over time and power surges.. This degrades or completely opens the Ground on you strip that you have items plugged into. If you do not know how old your various AC power strips are in your house are then replace them. All electronics depends on having clean input power. Power strips over 3 years old should be replaced. When Ground is degraded it damages electronics devices. Cheap insurance to replace them every 3 years. You can also by a AC power outlet (strip) tester at all hardware stores. But these will only tell you if the Ground is completely open, not degraded. Your coffee pot may not care but all your computing devices do. If this is your root problem, then you will just keep damaging stuff until replaced.
Oh BTW- A battery backup/ups cannot make up for a open or degraded ground