phone stuck in safe mode
powrbtr

My droid razr is stuck in safe mode.  Phone has not been dropped or anything weird.  Phone was sitting on my desk last week and the volume started going up and down on its own.  I chose to power off and then it came up in AP fastboot flash mode and then I can get it to go to the boot mode but it won't let me choose anything from there.  It says it will boot in normal power up but then the phone comes up in safe mode.  I have tried numerous options for this including taking sim card out.  Any other suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: phone stuck in safe mode
B33
Legend

Shut your phone off  you can do it by doing the following >>  Press in the Power + the Lower Volume rocker  @ the same time hold for 20 sec. then release.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a phone stuck is no fun powrbtr. I can understand how frustrating this is for you but have no fear, we can help. Have you tried the hard reset (Power key Volume Down key)? Also try plugging your phone into the charger and taking out of Safe mode. Steps below:

1) Power the device off.
Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.

2) Power the device on.
Press the Power button.

Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
phone stuck in safe mode
powrbtr

I have tried all of the above.  I feel part of the reason I can't get it out of safe mode is that there must be something wrong with the volume up/down button. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Then you need to return the phone to your Local the Comm Store as Defective or Call 1-800-922-0204 option 3 Tech Services and have them send one out to you).  The one they send will either be a New one or a Refurbished one.. 

I wanted to Add this:  If you so choose to send in your Device:  Follow Jakeman1's  Advice on sending Phones back to Verizon 

Follow this Link for Jake's Advice:

46. Re: Please help, Verizon is charging me for a returned device that came up as an empty box

0 Likes