pic/vid messages
jamesbinkley

I've just upgraded to a Droid Turbo. I thought that taking forever to send/receive pic/vid messages was just due to an old phone. I just tried to send a pic msg and an hour later is still sending. Any help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: pic/vid messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamesbinkley,

Sorry to see the trouble you have been having sending the picture message! Let's see if we can find out what is going on and get those picture messages flowing again. What zipcode are you having this trouble in? On the top of the screen what type of signal do you have? 4g, 3g, 1x? How many bars of signal strength do you have? Can you load new webpages? Can you send regular text messages without issue?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jamesbinkley

zipcode is 43302. Doesn't seem to matter what type of signal 4g/3g or signal strength. I would expect issues on 1x. Even issues when connected to wifi. I can load webpages and send regular text messages at any time without an problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, jamesbinkley! Have you tried to remove the sim card and placing it back in? Is anyone else having issues in this area? Share details so that we can assist further.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pumkinswife

I'm having the same issues with pic/video messages not sending and unable to receive. Keep getting notification saying "Unable to download". Have 3G with full bars thanks to home booster. I am able to get on web and send/receive regular text messages. Use WiFi most of the time at home.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture messages will only send over the cellular data connection not a wifi connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS will send/receive over wi-fi if using Verizon Messages

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

MMS will send/receive over wi-fi if using Verizon Messages

The OP hasn't indicated which application they are using for the text messages.

That quote issue continues to plague the community. Grrr.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's why I mentioned Verizon Messages... depending on which text app the OP is using, a cellular data connection may not be required to send/receive MMS..

0 Likes
TandD

We also are having this issue.  When connected to the home Wifi, the 3/4 G will disappear, and NO text messages will work, send or receive.  When we turn off the wifi, everything works fine.  Using the Verizon Msg+ (Red icon).  Have been told by local Verizon that Text attachments will only work on 3/4 G, not via wifi.  So, even when I turn on the data, as soon as we get in range of our home wifi, the 3/4G disappears.

Verizon has been no help to date.

0 Likes