please help.RAZR MAXX HD factory resest frozen
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had been having issues with my Droid Razr Maxx HD and I chatted with Motorola support today and they gave me instructions to do an external hard reset.

I followed directions precisely, but now my phone has been stuck on the reboot screen that I the animated firing and nothing will happen!!

please help!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: please help.RAZR MAXX HD factory resest frozen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so hard to work with Motorola to get your phone working properly, anp. It seems as if you've covered everything if Motorola already started talking about the warranty with you. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number to get started with the warranty from Verizon Wireless's end.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Lets try this.!  Press at the same time]  the Power + Lower the Volume button for 30 sec. then Re-lease it. see how it Reacts to that  let me know the results.. b33 

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this, and got the same results =(   it is still freezing during reboot in the same spot, the animated firing fireball looking screen

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Then I'd take it to the store and have a Rep to Flash it. Up to getting a Re-placement that is all that you can do..

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke with Motorola and they said I could send it for repairs since they checked and it is under warranty,  or contact Verizon and see what they offer. what does flash it mean??

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What they do they take the phone hook it up to a computer and they clear it,  flash it and then they'll Factory Reset it, It taken back to when you pulled out of the Box for the First Time and set it Up.. It doesn't cost anything to have the store to do it for ya because the OS locked the phone into a Boot Loop.. 

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

whats the difference between that and the factory reset I tried as instructed by Motorola?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Last Time I had my phone flashed that was a few years ago it cleared everything internal and external the Sd Card that's why the next time rep at the store suggested removing the Card, Factory Resets Clear's basically your Google account, your contacts, your Emails..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so hard to work with Motorola to get your phone working properly, anp. It seems as if you've covered everything if Motorola already started talking about the warranty with you. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number to get started with the warranty from Verizon Wireless's end.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes