My Verizon app not updating

i want to at least know that a factory reset will fix these before I even try

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: problems with new update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to try a system cache clear first; it shouldn't erase any of your data:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
smirez

Nope, didn't fix anything... thanks though.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another thing you can try is:  turn off your phone, remove your SIM card, then wait a few minutes.  Reinstall the SIM card, then power the phone back on and let it reconnect to Verizon's network.

0 Likes
smirez

Still the same...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, boo!  You may have to bite the bullet, back everything up, and do a factory reset.  And then, of course, you still may have issues ... in which case I'd suggest taking the phone to your nearest Corporate Verizon store.  Good luck.

0 Likes
smirez

Thanks. I may still try those a few more times. I just really don't want to do the factory reset unless it's guaranteed to fix things.

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are no guarantees because nobody knows why your phone is not working.  I did a factory reset and cache clear BEFORE doing the Jelly Bean update and I have had zero problems.  So, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Jelly Bean update.  However, over time, some of your files can become corrupted or some of your apps can cause problems, or your phone could be defective.  You won't know until you try.  What good is your phone now?  You have nothing to lose.

0 Likes
smirez

It's fine, really. Just the fact that I can't use data internet. I'm not having as much problems as other users seem to have.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's because they didn't do a factory reset and cache clear.

0 Likes