"----- isn't responding. Would you like to wait or quit?"
virusprof
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problems when running apps, get the error message "---- isn't responding, Would you like to wait or quit?".  Happens with many game apps as well as internal functions (SETTINGS, CAMERA).

I have tried turning phone off and turning on; I have tried soft reset, I have tried clearing cache.  The problem is getting worse..  Happens at least 20 times a day.

Any suggestions other than to wait until my contract is up and leave DROID platform forever (very disappointed in this phone since day ONE)

HELP?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "----- isn't responding. Would you like to wait or quit?"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi virusprof,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having! You have a great phone! Let's make it work great for you again. Since you are having multiple issues with many of your apps including phone functions, I would recommend doing a hard reset. http://vz.to/K5M8Qy  I am sure this will fix your problems. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi virusprof,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having! You have a great phone! Let's make it work great for you again. Since you are having multiple issues with many of your apps including phone functions, I would recommend doing a hard reset. http://vz.to/K5M8Qy  I am sure this will fix your problems. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
virusprof
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had hoped to avoid a hard reset because it will literally take me days to back up my photos and other important data.  I have no choice, as the phone is so unresponsive it is essentially useless to me.

I do not enjoy wasting my time like this--the phone is a big disappointment and I feel like putting it down my kitchen garbage disposer....it is NOT a quality phone.

I will write later this week with an update.  I know you are trying to help.

0 Likes
virusprof
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems to be better.  Thank you.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you perform the hard reset?  If you haven't yet taken that drastic step, try a system cache clear first and see if that makes things better:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

B33
Legend

What was suggested is a Good choice and I've use this many times on my phones and they've seemed to have a better response in doing task as too before I performed the Cache Wipe,   But if that doesn't fix your issue than I would suggest backing up your Contacts which is easy using Google services and as for apps you can recover them when you re-inter your Google account.. and do the Factory Reset..

Good Luck Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
virusprof
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did attempt a cache wipe, and it made no difference.  UPDATE:  I did do a hard reset, the phone is performing better, and I am still reloading my apps.  Thanks for your all your suggestions

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

virusprof I know that hard resets can be a hassle, but I'm glad to hear the phone is now working better! If you have any further questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know or check out http://vz.to/1bJ0BOF

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good deal that is all we can ask for Smiley Happy if your still having issues let me know.. b

0 Likes