remove lollipop on droid turbo?
Crimsonblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I get rid of this awful update on my Droid Turbo??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: remove lollipop on droid turbo?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

While my information on which lollipop version you had was wrong, my statement still stands true. You can NOT revert back to a different OS, not even by doing what you are suggesting.

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can't. You just have to wait for v5.1 and hope it solves some of your issues OR you can troubleshoot your issues either by researching or trying to get help from the forum.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Turbo received v5.1 (it skipped 5.0). 

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Then that's a big "uh oh." Time to troubleshoot then.

0 Likes
technozombie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the 5.1 update too and I hate it. It's ugly and counter-intuitive. The hate the way you have to swipe the center of the lock screen its much harder to do one handed. I also hate the recently used apps look, it is so much harder to see what the apps are at a glance. On top of that they screw up Chrome by integrating it into the recently used apps. When I want to switch tabs I don't want to see every other app I have in the background. It makes no sense. I want KitKat back.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

technozombie wrote:

On top of that they screw up Chrome by integrating it into the recently used apps. When I want to switch tabs I don't want to see every other app I have in the background.

You can change back to tabs by opening Chrome, then tapping Menu (the three dots in the upper right-hand corner), then Settings, then change Merge Tabs and Apps to Off.

0 Likes
technozombie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, that helps for one thing. I already disabled the lock screen because I kept opening contacts by mistake. I would really like if I could get my recent apps to show like my friends HTC where all the recent apps appear as small windows and you can select exactly what you want with out having to scroll.

0 Likes
Crimsonblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it possible to do a factory reset and then restore from my backup?

Or will the backup pull the fact it has lollipop?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

While my information on which lollipop version you had was wrong, my statement still stands true. You can NOT revert back to a different OS, not even by doing what you are suggesting.

Mawill

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the camera after this update? I can't get mine to open. It will tell me i should restart phone. Then it might open but it's stuck on the selfie mode and won't look out, doesn't give me the switch view button. I tried downloading two other cameras and they won't work either. Someone suggested doing a factory reset and that didn't work either. I'm so frustrated

0 Likes