request can't be handled correctly
allanhitch

Anyone having an issue trying to send a photo from one MAXX to another using bluetooth?

This is the error we get:

"request can't be handled correctly"

Files can be transferred from PC to phone and vice-versa, but phone-to-phone gives the error.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: request can't be handled correctly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there allanhitch,

I'm sorry for the issues that you are having with the Droid Razr Maxx. I'm confident that once we complete troubleshooting that we'll be able to get you back up and running.

How long has this been going on for? Does it show you are connected via bluetooth? What type of device are you trying to transfer information too? Does it work if you send it as a picture message?

Please provide additional details so that I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

try sending it via NFC.

Not applicable

Although near field communication is great if it works it does not always function.

However Air Drop on the iPhone works great and flawless (new models have this feature)

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have yet to have a problem sending a file via NFC to another NFC phone with countless attempts. Since both phones in question are Droid Maxx phones, I think it will work just fine.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That actually makes no difference in that the NFC is supposed to work with any other device with NFC on it. I have tried to use it between two different android phones and with an android tablet, it never works.

Apple must be the only company that tests their features before they include them on the devices. As I said Air Drop works flawless.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While it "shouldn't" make any difference, it is not unusual for phones to work better with devices from the same manufacturer. As Apple devices work better with other Apple devices, it is very likely that Motorola devices work better with other Motorola devices. Yes, NFC is supposed to work with any other NFC device, that doesn't mean it wouldn't work "better" with another NFC device from the same manufacturer.

As far as I am concerned, NFC works flawless, too. Over a hundred files sent/received with a 100% success rate. Incidentally, this is usually from a Samsung GSIII to/from a Motorola Droid Razr MAXX HD.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
allanhitch

"one MAXX to another..."

Both are Droid MAXX and both say "Connected"....

I can transfer fine to / from my laptop, my wife's computer, etc.... From my laptop (Linux) I can even browse each phone via BlueTooth.

....gotta' be some setting somewhere that I'm missing.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

allanhitch, Let's make sure your bluetooth settings are working properly. Have you tried to clear the bluetooth on both phones? If not, go to manage apps, all apps, scroll to bluetooth. You will see 2 or 3 bluetooth options. Tap each and select forcestop. thne restart the device and retest. Keep us posted.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes