Re: send/receive email fails after 5.1 upgrade
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried K-9 Mail - Android Apps on Google Play or another email app, rather than the native email on the phone?  Just FYI, I have used several custom domain email addresses on my Turbo and they have all worked, quite well.  Email is one of the primary things I DO with my phone.

And, BTW, "...the industry standard practice of using free customer-generated support to solve other customer's issues, which cost the company nothing but the cumulative bad-will of those for whom this model doesn't produce results." True, and in many cases, the customer seeking help DOES get issues resolved.  I hope yours is one of those cases.

0 Likes
MitchStroum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same problem.  Verizon say Go Daddy issue, Go Daddy says it's Verizon.  Accounts are set up and accepted by Go Daddy but all I get is the spinning wheel on the phone. Gave older Droid to my wife ... set up the same e-mails that I deleted when I got my new Turbo and they work perfectly.  The Turbo was working just fine and suddenly one day last week all-mails out and in stopped.  No  joy !

0 Likes
dwwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue with my wife's Turbo.  Stopped at the same time and symptoms exactly as described in this thread. After doing all the things suggested above, the only thing that worked was installing a different email app.  Working now, but may have to iterate on this until we find an email client we like.  Would prefer to get the native one working.

MitchStroum
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG! Verizon sent a bug fix this morning. Phone working fine. Hallelujah!

dwwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great news!  Is this a general push to every user, or was this specific to you?

MitchStroum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have no idea. It was some sort of a moto app update bug fix.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could it have been a Moto app update from the Play Store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmmillow

As of last night my phone was still not sending/receiving email. Overnight Moto Mail pulled (was pushed?) an update which has fixed the problem. I now have MOTOEMAIL-00.00.03.0104 updated on 10/29/15 installed and properly sending/receiving emails.

The What's New listing for this update shows "Resolved various sync issues with POP3 email accounts" as the first entry of many things changed in this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmmillow I'm so happy to learn the email is working again. Thank you for all your hard work and understanding. It is wonderful when it all comes together.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dwwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just want to report that my wife's email is now working too after I did the update.  I deleted the app and reinstalled the latest version and it fixed it.  Thanks to this forum and everybody for helping to resolve this issue.

0 Likes