transfer text messages with pictures from droid DNA to droid Turbo 2
dda56

We purchased a  droid Turbo 2 to replace our droid DNA. After purchasing the phone we realized that all the transfered text messages that included pictures in them, transfered without the pictures included. The Verizon rep eventually told us that these pictures inside the text message will not transfer with the text message to the new Turbo 2. We were not told this till after we purchased the phone (and they assured us that everything would be transferred, especially since these text included pictures of my sister, mother, and father that passed away)..... and they could not provide a reason as to why this is not possbile.... Can anyone confirm or deny if text with pictures can only be transfered over without the pictures included? And what phone will allow these type of messages to successrfully transfer with the pictures still included? Also,  we had signed up for them to keep the old phone (this appearently gave us a discount) and will not allow us to get it back, so a quick response will be appreciated as they can only hold on to the original phone for a short period of time.... Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: transfer text messages with pictures from droid DNA to droid Turbo 2
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try one of the several SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store that support transfer of MMS messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dda56-

I understand how important it is to ensure all of your memories are in safe keeping.  I'd be glad to assist and check if we can locate your pictures.  Did you download Verizon cloud http://vz.to/1NPf2Qc on your Droid DNA or anther app to back up you pictures?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dda56

The verizon salesperson at the store already backed everything up to verizon cloud. however when the text messages were transferred over; any text message with a picture inside of it, did not include the picture. only the text portion was transferred. they said that the picture within in the text message would not transfer because it does not have the capability to transfer the picture inside of the text to the new phone. I was trying to get confirmation if this is true or not? I find it hard to believe in 2015 that pictures within a text message cant be transferred to a new phone, especially since both the old and new phones are both androids....

0 Likes