update for droid turbo
Belynda227
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will we get the updates for Droid Turbo, ie 5.1 and Lollipop?????????

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: update for droid turbo
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing official has been announced yet re Android 5.0 (Lollipop), other than the phone will receive the update.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Wow, other phones now getting 5.1, here the Turbo sets and Motorola and Verizon could care less. I could bet the turbo will never see 5.0 yet 5.1. smh   I listened to the store reps telling me, oh yeah it will be updated "soon". Yeah right. If they would have said, we don't know IF it will be updated I would have purchased a different phone.

johnnyg149
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told when I purchased the Turbo that it would be the very first,behind the Nexus, to get the update....that was before Thanksgiving 2014.....it is now 5 months later,and still no update....first,5.0 had too many bugs....Google's fault.....Verizon,in order to save money,because Lord knows how strapped for cash they are,then bypasses on the 5.01 and 5.02 updates and makes us wait for 5.1,so they can make sure they properly eat up more of your data with 'Advanced Calling'or VOLTE,whatever....now,I hear,because of some sort of memory leak,they may just wait for another version,5.1.1...unbelievable...you know what?just leave me at kitkat 4.44

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I say everybody needs to be happy with the OS version they have...if it works.  New versions always have issues and few actually fix the previous issues if there were any.  (LG G2 owner on 5.0.2)

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I had traded in a phone, that was runnining 5.0 and was great. Reason for Droid is, for me, had a better camera. IF I would have know the sales rep lied about the update, I would NEVER have gotten the droid. 

Will NEVER trust a Verizon rep again. And I had ALWAYS backed them and praised them. Oh well, we live and learn.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

While I understand waiting for updates can require excessive patience and disappointments, I would rather wait then listen to everyone complain about the bugs because the update sucked. The reps have no way of knowing what Google and Verizon are collaborating on or when things will go awry like with 5.0. It's always been a waiting game and will always will be. If you want simplicity,  go buy an iPhone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Google, manufacturer, Verizon....lots of cooks in that kitchen.

ntumminello
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is this issue taking so long to be resolved? I understand that these updates need to be tested heavily to work out bugs, but one reason I got this phone is because of almost "pure" UI, I thought that would make updates a quick turnaround. How different is it from the Moto X?

An update is already months overdue. I think Verizon just doesn't care about keeping this phone updated.

Snn5
Legend

There is a different kind of relationship between Motorola and Verizon with this exclusive.  Verizon may have more strings, maybe a different agenda, maybe they want their flagship to get an update that is solid, at least more-so that the 5.0's that went out to other models.

0 Likes