Re: update
Better_than_Droid
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is completely Verizon's fault.  They don't care about their customers apparently.  They've got their signed contract and/ or their $600 for the phone, plus the monthly residual income coming in.  Why should they give a damn?  ALL the other AnDROID devices in the market using Lollipop (12.2% at last report), and the DROID Turbo owners are left out to dry.  This device should have been the FIRST device to receive the update.  It's the same build as a Nexus 6 which has had the update for how many months.  Verizon is only about the $'s and not about the customers who pay those dollars.

elwellj
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to Verizon's website the Turbo is running Lollipop:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/browse/deviceDetails.jsp?deviceProdId=dev3360017#specs

So My question to Verizon Wireless Customer Support is where is it? It's not on my Turbo. And according to the chat I just had with customer support no one knows when its coming. All I got was that "Motorola has released but Verizon is still testing it".

Tidbits
Legend

Hey, I wanted to give a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1…

Motorola still working on it.  Isn't even in Verizon's hands.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The specs say KitKat 4.4 not Lollipop for the DROID Turbo page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The specs have been changed since this morning.  As noted in the earlier post, this morning I saw that the specs said that the Turbo had 5.0.2.  It also was noted in Droid Life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/11/verizon-updates-droid-turbo-specs-to-show-phone-has-android-5-0...

0 Likes
deb1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

All 3 have had the same issues. I noticed on the two replacements that both did these things out of the box before I put my content back on. The phone is slow, ultra slow. Keyboard lags so badly that it has taken up to 30secs to come up. Apps force close constantly, even when I'm not using them. Phone overheats if I look at it funny, doesn't matter if I'm charging it, using it or just picking it up off the counter. It doesn't stay connected to WiFi, it will say connected but if I try to use anything connected to the Internet, I get the message that there is no internet connection. Also likes to spend the majority of the time on 3g not 4g. I'm in a 4g area and had no problems with 4g in my area with previous phones. I cannot talk and use data, advanced calling doesn't make a difference in anything other than the call quality worse. Battery life is a joke, I bought it on the potential of 48hr life. What I got was 6-8, if I'm not using it. It had to be charged 4 separate times yesterday and 3 today. I've done "battery saver" nothing has worked on any phone. Fresh off the charger today the phone said I had 2 hours 37 mins on battery at 100% charge. The sim card has been changed every time I walk into the Verizon store. They can't seem to figure out why any of it happens again and again and on each phone I've had. They have seen the phone come in on 3g and told me that shouldn't be happening ( especially the time they couldn't get it off 1x) and basically wait until the phone feels like being on 4g. Sometimes if you switch to global and then back again, 4g will show up and vice versa. Same with WiFi. If my phone drops WiFi, I can turn it off and wait then turn it back on. It's still hit or miss. Drops service altogether and very randomly. I am not sure how using it in my bed and not moving, it can drop service and drop from 4g to 3g or 1x and WiFi (the router is less than 5ft away) 3 phones all the same problem keep getting replaced. I would venture to say based on my experience, that it's a bad model.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It wasn't changed when I looked at the VZW page for the first time in months on a phone I never went to that page before. I looked before posting that comment. Now if the mobile site and desktop site different that's one thing, but I looked at both versions of the page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you have installed on that phone?  I've never had such slowness on the phone I used for a while.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

It wasn't changed when I looked at the VZW page for the first time in months on a phone I never went to that page before. I looked before posting that comment. Now if the mobile site and desktop site different that's one thing, but I looked at both versions of the page.

It's not a difference between sites, it's a difference of timing.  VzW mistakenly changed the specs on their website, the mistake was on the website for about half a day or so, and the changed specs were mentioned on the forum.  It appears that you saw the post/web site after the mistake was corrected.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like a head thumper for sure kind of a like a few phones in the Past and yet there pushing 3 more color Variants the FaceBook site for these Variants well lit up with mostly Customers customer complaints some customers were asking were to go to Complain I mention head over here to the Forums if you not getting any help on F.B. or Twitter try here.. so may have..

0 Likes