update
crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

just checking in here to see if you forgot about us droid turbo owners

Labels (2)
Re: update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We definitely don't want you to feel like we forgot about you crspyguy! What's going on? How can we help?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

just thought I would check in about our operating system update lot of rumors flying around out there just thought maybe you could shed some light on it for me

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I believe Verizon and Motorola abandoned the Turbo. So sad. 

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

While I completely understand that waiting for updates is a long and sometimes aggravating process, this happens every time there is a major update.  They get delayed and everyone complains, moans and gripes.  This is the way Android works.  The system has to work with so many different phones and programs that often times the updates are pushed back due to bugs and conflicts.  If you buy a phone you should be happy with the way it is out of the box because Android phones take a while to get updates every time or get then too soon and then you have to hear everyone gripe about how bad the update was.....If you want simplicity buy an iPhone.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

The Turbo was "crippled" right out of the box BUT Verizon CSR's assured purchasers that it, the Turbo, would "soon" (there's that word Verizon has taken and given a whole new meaning to) be able to surf and talk simultaneously once AC (Advanced Calling) was enabled. What they didn't own up to is the Verizon coverage maps are mostly fiction or wishfull thinking. So unless you begin & end your call and remain stationary there,s a chance your call will drop and you may get a notification from your phone the using Data at this time is not possible (ALL WHILE IN WHAT VERIZON COVERAGE MAPS SHOW AS "4G LTE Data Coverage (Verizon 4G LTE)" and "Voice & Messaging (digital coverage)" . That's what complaints are about.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

My phone has worked fine since the update. I drive all over central Illinois weekly for my job and have no difficulties with calls, messagin,  surfing or voicemail. Obviously I don't know why you are having so many issues, but the phone really is a superior product. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything since the problems with the incoming calls were fixed. Hope you can get yours up and running like it should.

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Totally agree with you.  Here in PA (not Illinois), their map shows 4G LTE. Now, after countless phone calls they tell me, oh you're in a marginal area!!! WTH, then correct your maps and stop the BS of having the "best" coverage.  So now they went ya to shell out 250 for a network extender, when ACCORDING to their maps you should be having GREAT service.  Now I see why people get ticked off with Verizon.  The Droid Turbo has the WORSE radio antenna.   NEVER in my life have I had such a garbage phone.  Oh for about 2 weeks it worked great. If they're having tower problems let people know.

RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Check the coverage maps for Rochester NY 14624 and tell me I should need a network extender when it clearly shows complete 4G LTE.

It's either the maps are guessing at coverage or the Turbo has a sucky radio (or both). Besides aren't extenders for 3G which with the Turbo doesn't allow simultaneous voice & data? Why pay more when it doesn't address the problem?

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, I'm in 17881 east side and it shows 4G LTE. And yes, the Network extenders are for 3G. I have several screens hots on my phone, where, in battery section, it shows your mobile network. Heck mine goes from solid green to red, no rhyme or reason.

0 Likes