upgrade Marshmallow
droidturbohh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi friends; any news about the upgrading of droid turbo 1 to  marshmallow? thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: upgrade Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi @droidturbohh, that is an awesome phone you have.  I can understand the importance for making sure your phone has the latest and greatest software at all times.  You can find the latest software updates here http://vz.to/1HHSyxf. Are you having trouble with your device?
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tommyleeruiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Customer Support, Why is verizon apparently the only thing holding back upgrades as motorola seems to be advising that it has all the intentions of releasing ASAP, but has had carrier issues.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola more likely is saying that the update is pending partner support. Which means they have to get assistance from all parties involved (hardware manufacturers, FCC certification, and carrier testing) Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code. They alone test and certifies it to verify it won't break the network. If Motorola doesn't done a soak test yet it isn't even ready for the carrier testing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
droidturbohh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Customer Support, thanks for replying, but diplomacy doesn't help to satisfy clients questions. What about Marshmallow on the Droid Turbo 1, as questioned? Depending of you, we would have some valid answers about.

My best regards

Verizonpain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree with Verizon customer and this is a month after the first question. Why the delay on the marshmallow upgrade for droid turbo. So glad you are focused on droid turbo2 release but the 1 group has been expecting news about the 6.0 upgrade for 4 months?

n1jfd
Enthusiast - Level 1

The simple answer is this: VZW doesn't really intend to support the older models of any of its models, as the brutal truth they never will devulge is they want to drive customers to buy new handsets / smartphone devices and dump the old ones. If you notice in recent advertising, they push that you must trade in your old device. This is just my speculative opinion as I am not employed or affiliated with VZW in any capacity. Its just common sense from their historical patterns and unfortunately, other carriers are similar I suspect. We can only strive to change this by trying to use sugar, not vinegar when possible and educate the people who ate in position to make changes that it would be in everyone else best interest to still support within reason these simple request for software updates. Squeezing your customers to try getting them to upgrade instead of supporting their phones they paid for that are still very serviceable and billable isn't good customer care or business sense.

0 Likes
droidturbohh
Enthusiast - Level 2

But Motorola communicated, officially, that the droid1 will be upgraded...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And Motorola hasn't completed the update yet. Until then Verizon Wireless won't know the status of the update as Motorola not Verizon Wireless writes the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I don't consider my Droid Turbo (1) to be "old" - and I'm not on pins and needles waiting for Marshmallow to be installed.  My phone is performing quite well on Lollipop 5.1, and I am in no rush to learn a new UI, or figure out why things aren't behaving the way they were before.

Enhancements and improvements are good - but over the years I've seen some things change for no apparent reason, features added that either made things more difficult and convoluted, or features that I used and came to depend on that got deleted with "updates".

Once I get a new phone or a new OS or update configured and set up, (and WORKING!!), I tend to want to leave it alone!  And right now, my Turbo is working and performing very well, thank you. If I were to upgrade to a Turbo 2 (I'm tempted, and if it's a step up from the Turbo 1, as it seems to be, I would like it very much indeed!) then I would expect it to come with or upgrade very soon to Marshmallow.  But that's another set of circumstances....