Re: upgrade Marshmallow
Tidbits
Legend

ROBWAT47 wrote:

Motorola can commit to update a device like the Turbo in this case, but if VZW won't test or approve the update (think Moto X 2014) even if Moto submits the update to VZW. I think that is why Motorola changed their wording on their Software Update page, to ' Device XYZ will be updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, pending carrier support'. That way if VZW decides they aren't going to upgrade a device (Moto M Mini, Ultra and Maxx, Moto X 2014), then less of the blame can fall on them.

There has never been in history a submitted update never going through testing.  They have failed testing and the manufacturer decided not to work on it anymore.  Case in point in their own Google group JBQ decided to no longer work on the Galaxy Nexus update way back in the day.

"pending carrier support" has been bunked more than a handful of times.  The message is even their on their unlocked versions at various points in history. 

Like I said before there was supposed to be a beta test for the device, BUT it was canned shortly there after and never heard of again.  That means Motorola has NEVER submitted the update for testing.

If you paid attention to history.  Google when they purchased Motorola.  Google themselves canned support for a lot of their devices and handed $100 upgrade vouchers to buy new Motorola devices.  Motorola was now sold to Lenovo, and they canned more than a handful of employees.  Do you really think they are not going to do the same thing as Google did?

Tidbits
Legend

Lenovo just fired some more people.  I hope you guys are not expecting the update to come any time soon especially with all these layoffs happening.

http://www.androidauthority.com/motorola-lays-off-thousand-people-718442/

0 Likes
n1jfd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was a very long standing and loyal Motorola fan and customer for so many years and several $ thousands in phones and accessories  but like many of the previous posts mentioned above cover, it became very aggravating to say the least in the last few years, to see this once reputable company with great products and fantastic customer support swirl down the drain.

If any of you are still holding out for hopes that Motorola and Verizon will provide down the road support for anything other initial basic Tech support or listening to customer complaints without doing anything except maybe, after several frustrating calls logged over time on the subject-you might wrangle a discount on a Bluetooth device. I would steer to Samsung, LG or Apple for a more reliable top to mid-grade smartphone and only choose Motorola for their bottom entry pay-as-you-go phones when you get them for free or near free and like them better than other offerings from Samsung, or LG.

It was so embarrassing to family and friends, that every phone and BT speaker for the car they exchanged, models didn't matter, wouldn't play nicely and I had people began me not to use them to talk to them.

IPhone or other androids and Motorola Hands free devices but not the Turbo.

Turbo would work with other Hands free but horrible audio with Sonic Riders, or any of the multiple versions of Roadster models.

Offshore Tech support, impossible attempts to get anyone to take ownership in solving problems and promises to follow up, emails and resets on time sensitive internal logs to repair or replacement of your device to keep them from being flagged, what kind of business you would expect from a shady Internet company you found from ebay or purchased from online scam email, not through yourban carrier who refuses to step up to help.

(No, they just refer you to agents like -"did you purchase Assurian insurance"?)

But hey, that's just one person's opinion who has given them every opportunity to keep me as a customer, from my original Droid RAZR MAXX  until the last Turbo 64GB. and everything in between. Buyer beware of Moto

0 Likes