verizon wireless software upgrade assistant - update to v1.4.8 ?
mld3591

I have updated my DT2 to MM via the verizon wireless software upgrade assistant v1.4.7 installed on my Win7 laptop via USB.

So far, no issues - the 6.0 software updated just fine after failing (without using the software assistant program.

Earlier, a popup window on my laptop informed me that an update to the verizon wireless software upgrade assistant to v1.4.8 was available, and asked if i wanted to get the update.  When I clicked "yes", the program said it "could not connect to the internet" and closed out.

I opened the program, and there is no "manual update" or "check for program updates" available.    Smiley Sad

After searching the DT2 support forum, i found the download link to get theverizon wireless software upgrade assistant program for "Initial Setup...", but that link downloads  the (old?) v1.4.7.exe setup file.

Is there or is there not an update for the verizon wireless software upgrade assistant to v1.4.8 ?  and how do i get it?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: verizon wireless software upgrade assistant - update to v1.4.8 ?
NickT88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you put the link in here? I can't seem to get my phone to install SUA at all right now...

0 Likes
mld3591

SUA initial setup page with instructions for MAC and WIN - :

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116673/

direct windows download link:

(by clicking on "WIN" link in the line - "Installation can also be completed by visiting the Windows or MAC download sites."  in the above page - 

https://www.motorola.com/VerizonSoftwareUpdateWin

The download is ~42MB and can take while to download - their server is kinda slow.

I've seen numerous posts by people who have used the SUA, either from the Windows download link OR by installing it from the USB-attached phone, that were UNsuccessful on both Win 8 and Win10 with the SUA, but Successful using it on Win 7.

I have been unable to determine for sure, but it may be that the v1.4.8 fixes that and works with Win 8/10.

Best of luck and please let us know how it works out for you!

0 Likes
mld3591
  1. Ensure the wireless device is powered on and unlocked (if device lock-enabled) then connect it to a compatible computer using a USB cable. When tethered, an AutoPlay pop-up opens automatically on the computer.
    Note Once connected, ensure the CD-ROM feature is enabled on the device.
    Note The CD-ROM feature is not available on Moto X and New Moto X. The software can be downloaded at //www.verizonwireless.com/support/moto-x-update/ or //www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-moto-x-update/
    1. From the device, swipe down on the status bar (located at the top).
    2. Tap Touch for other USB Options.
    3. Tap the Software Installation switch to enable Switch on.
  2. From the AutoPlay pop up window, click Install Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant for Motorola.
    Note If the AutoPlay pop up window is not available, open Windows Explorer then click CD Drive Installer.
  3. When prompted to download and install, click Yes.
  4. Once the download process is complete, click Next.
  5. Review the Terms and Conditions, click I accept... then click Install.
  6. When the installation process is complete, click Close.
    Note The SUA launches automatically.

Be sure to follow these instrucions carefully !

For example, the SUA will not see the phone if it's connected but still unlocked.  A simple but perhaps not-so-obvious point...

Again, Good Luck !

0 Likes
mld3591

Correction:

For example, the SUA will not see the phone if it's connected but still LOCKED.  A simple but perhaps not-so-obvious point...

On the phone, you must also "allow software updates via USB" when it connects.

0 Likes
NickT88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I got it downloaded and installed... Unfortunately neither of my computers recognize it! One has USB 2.0, too. Did Verizon do their best to withdraw Marshmallow or what?

0 Likes