weak singal strength
bmcgram

I waited for the Droid MAXX and now that I have it Im very disappointed because the signal strength is very weak..not even close to the old Bionic I previously had, they changed out the phone already but did not change the sim card, when I talked to a Verizon rep they feel it is the sim card and are now sending me a new one of those...if I set my phone next to my Verizon modem tha

t picks up 4G it will still only be at 1 bar 3G..anyone else have this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: weak singal strength
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bmcgram - You deserve a consistent wireless experience! May I ask the zip code to the area that you use the device most? Have you received the replacement SIM yet? Please keep me updated on the performance as I would be happy to troubleshoot further if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
zaii25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I'm having the same issue. I'm getting half the bars on my maxx that I used to get on my bionic. I'm interested if a new sim will help.  Who did you contact to get the new sim? -zip 19154

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

SIM cards are free at your local Corporate Verizon store.  You also can order one from Customer Service; there is no charge for the card, but you'll have to pay shipping.

0 Likes
zaii25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also my 4G signal strength is -118dbm not sure if that's good or bad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A signal of -118 dBm is very weak. A level of -120 dBm is no usable service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear zaii25,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear of the difficulites you are experiencing with signal on your Droid Razr Maxx.

I have verified there are no reported issues in the area. Before obtaining a new SIM card, have you tried removing the SIM and replacing it back to your phone. This will help reset the network on your phone. In the event you need a new SIM card, you may obtain one free of charge at a corportate store location or by reaching out to us. We can also order and mail you a new SIM card. For a list of our store locations, click http://bit.ly/3SdsA  Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
zaii25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I've tried pulling out my sim. Requested a new one and it should arrive Tuesday, hopefully that will solve the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@zaii25,

That's great news! Thanks for letting us know. Test the new SIM card for a few days and keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes