when downloads recieved, unable to open
oldpops

when downloads received on phone, unable to open.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: when downloads recieved, unable to open
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s troubling that you haven’t been able to open  your downloads. I hope to help. The best place to start would be to ask you if you can tell me what happens when  you try to open them. Are they being sent to your device via email, messaging or are you visiting a webpage? Do you know the file format of the item you’re trying to open?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
oldpops

Can not open downloads that arrive via texting.

On Dec 2, 2015 11:35 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
oldpops

I hit the download and it dims as if trying to open. It never opened and

goes to full brightness

On Dec 2, 2015 11:35 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are some very helpful details. Do you know what it is you’re being sent? Are they music files? Images? Links to web pages? Video clips? It matters to know the file format because they determine if your Droid MAXX can support them. Unrecognized files wouldn’t be supported (and might cause your device to behave as it’s doing now).

DionMnM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click th�CorrectcAnswer�r� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
oldpops

unable to open downloads of regular plain text of text messages. No videos,

no web pages, no music files, no images.

Just regular plain text messages.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oldpops – Not being able to download the content of a text message can be stressful. I want to make sure we resolve this issue as soon as possible. Are you using a third party messaging app or the native messaging app? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when this happens? Can you send media vis text messages?
JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
oldpops

Using messaging app that came with phone, not using wi fi, able to send

media text messages

On Dec 6, 2015 12:34 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep this ball rolling, Oldpops. Are the messages coming from a single contact or is this happening with all contacts? If you send your own number a text message, is this able to be received and opened on your device? Do you know if anyone else is having issues in your local area? Can you please provide us with your zip-code so we can check the area for any issues? Looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
oldpops

The party sending messages has U.S. Cellular as their carrier. Single

contact. The other party believes I'm not receiving

all SMS messages and no MMS messages. Zip code is 24112 and the two parties

are neighbors (200ft apart)

The other party has friends and family who have Verizon as carrier and they

receive all message, pic, etc.

Hope this helps,

Bill

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <