why no ringtone on incoming call after being on for a couple of hours?
pete10
Enthusiast - Level 2

After turning on phone ringtones work ok but after an hour or so ringtone does not activate on incoming call.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why no ringtone on incoming call after being on for a couple of hours?
Snn5
Legend

Mine used to do that.  Id do a factory reset and it would be good for another 3 months until something wonky happened.  It was usually caused by some other 3rd party app, but I always FDR'd every 3 months anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pete10-

Having your ringtones working is a must! Let's find together a prompt solution. When did you notice this started happening? Is this a ringtone you have purchased from us or through a third party app? What make/model phone? I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pete10
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ringtone is the one that I have been using for 2 years.  It is one of the factory installed ringtones. The phone model no, is XT912.  .Then phone has recently started announcing the call origin on incoming calls.  I don't know if that was part of a recent update.  The ringtone will operate for a short time on a soft reboot but will stop functioning again at some random time,

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Mine used to do that.  Id do a factory reset and it would be good for another 3 months until something wonky happened.  It was usually caused by some other 3rd party app, but I always FDR'd every 3 months anyway.

0 Likes
pete10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank yopu for the reply.  I have been trying to avoid doing that but am coming to the conclusion that it is inevitible.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pete10, I truly appreciate all you have provided today. Was there any changes to the phone once this started to happen (any new applications or software update)? When the ringtone stops after a few hours, if someone was to call you what happens? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pete10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not surre when it started but I estimate about a month+ ago when phone started voice notification of incoming calls.  I thought this was a software update.  When notification doesn't announce call ringtone does not activate and phone does not vibrate and it is set to do that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pete10, thanks for the follow up. I would like to check a few settings in the phone. Can you please tap on the Phone Icon, Tap on the three dots in the lower right hand corner, Tap on Settings, Scroll down tap on Caller ID Readout, and make sure this is set to Ring Only. Then while under the call settings, scroll back to the top and tap on Phone Ringtone and make sure it's set to your ringtone. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pete10
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears that the only soluyion for now is a factory reset.

0 Likes