why won't keyboard stay on screen for me to type?
dfillion629

Hello, the keyboard function on my droid turbo won't stay onscreen for me to text or email. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: why won't keyboard stay on screen for me to type?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you reaching out to us and let's get your keyboard back to normal. When did this issue start? Any recent changes to the device (software, apps, etc)?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: why won't keyboard stay on screen for me to type?
dfillion629

Hello,The keyboard issue began about a week ago. The issue began suddenly - when trying to type a text with Verizon Message+ that I've been using for more than a year...and when trying to type an email with yahoo mail. The only new thing i can figure is that Yelp was downloaded. So I uninstalled it. I did a soft restart, I tried restart in safe mode, I connected to computer & used Verizon troubleshooting assistant software (took hours then said phone repaired but wasn't), cleared lots of space on phone by removing photos & videos, had phone powered off numerous times. I removed the 1.5 year-old screen cover just in case something caused the screen to think I was hitting the back button. I changed cases while I was at it. Spent couple of days/numerous hrs troubleshooting, reading blogs, etc. Phone OS was up to date. No major trauma via drop or wet submerge; had dropped from chair to floor with intact otterbox case, not recently. Teen daughter has same phone same purchase date no problems.

The morning following the supposed 'repair' from troubleshooting software the problem was gone as suddenly as it had arrived. I have no idea why or what worked.

I would love any ideas you can offer in the event that this occurs again.Thanks much! Best regards,Diane

0 Likes